News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Blasberg

Erin Hills (8&9 pictures)
« on: June 10, 2007, 06:34:51 PM »
The tee shot on number 8:

A look at 9 fairway from number 8 reveals the undulating terrain at Erin Hills:

The approach to number 8:

The approach gets blind closer to the green:

8 green:

A look back toward 8 tee and the clubhouse:

Here’s the false front on the right side:

The tee shot on the roller coaster 9th:

Hugging the inside of the dogleg cuts off the distance for your approach and also keeps you in the fairway as it runs away and to the left:

The approach:

The clubhouse again:

9 green:

9th green site from behind:

Eric_Terhorst

Re:Erin Hills (8&9 pictures)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 06:53:06 PM »
JK,

Thanks for the continuing posts on Erin Hills.

I played it last year once and have been having trouble remembering it (it was a 5-hour round and I played poorly, so the negatives got in the way) until your pics were posted.  

That 9th hole is a good hole.

Greg Clark

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 10:54:49 PM »
Thanks for posting these.  I look forward each day to seeing the next 2 holes.  I was hopeful of seeing it in 2 weeks (taking a group to Kohler), but the time isn't there.  Next year.

Brendan Dolan

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 11:13:29 PM »
The last picture is the 11th hole, which is located behind the 9th green.  Just curious, what did you think of your caddie?  Thanks for posting the pictures.

Brendan

James Edwards

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 12:44:38 AM »
Thanks for the pictures..  the view through to the cathedral?? over the clubhouse... i assume that was created by cutting those trees in the distance down?  Thanks, just curious

James
@EDI__ADI

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 07:28:57 AM »
The last picture is the 11th hole, which is located behind the 9th green.  Just curious, what did you think of your caddie?  Thanks for posting the pictures.

Brendan

Brendan, I just realized that .  . . good catch.  I think your younger brother caddied for us and is very enthusiastic and knowledgable about the course . . . you folks have something special out there.  That's what happens when your posting from thumbnails. . .
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 07:29:11 AM by JKBlasberg »

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 07:32:24 AM »
Thanks for posting these.  I look forward each day to seeing the next 2 holes.  I was hopeful of seeing it in 2 weeks (taking a group to Kohler), but the time isn't there.  Next year.

Greg:

We drove it in an hour and 10 minutes each way from the American Club.  I recommend it over any of the Kohler courses after Whistling Straits and would suggest playing WS once and if time is a factor avoid a second Straits round in favor of Erin Hills.  They are entirely different animals but they each warrant a visit.

Jason

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 07:34:47 AM »
Thanks for the pictures..  the view through to the cathedral?? over the clubhouse... i assume that was created by cutting those trees in the distance down?  Thanks, just curious

James

James, I'm told everyone thinks that but that is not the case (at least from one I was told, the views were already there).  It's very high up there . . . local folks could tell you for certain.

The cathedral very much makes the place feel like it's overseas . . .

Phil McDade

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 09:14:15 AM »
Holy Hill is visible from miles around -- it sits literally on top of a small hill that itself is located on something of a plateau in that area of Wisconsin. The general topography of that area of the state is really neat -- carved by the receding glaciers, with fascinating small landforms left behind.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 01:34:11 PM »
... and the view of the countryside from the steeple is equally inspiring.  Perhaps one of the greatest country landscape views in Wisconsin.  If you have time before or after your round, I'd highly recomend the "pilgrimage" up to the steeple to take a look.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Brendan Dolan

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 09:41:04 PM »
It's funny, the architects, Bob, others, and I used to joke that they brought in a helecopter and mowed down a bunch of trees to get that view.  Yes, you did have my brother.  Good to hear that he did a good job.

Brendan

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back