News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

The Open Road to Sustainability
« on: June 11, 2007, 04:05:41 PM »
....is a six-minute, video presentation put out by the R&A.

You can find it at:

https://www.bestcourseforgolf.org/

James Bennett

Re:The Open Road to Sustainability
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 09:33:33 AM »
Bob

I went to the site, and will email our course supt about it.  Very simple language used.  It will be good for the course chair to see.  It would be interesting to see how the membership would respond to the video!  On the 'best practise' part of the site, I liked the note on 'greens rolling' (on the page that hosts the Hoylake video).  It has an idea for a low cost greens rolling regime!  From the R&A site.

" Rolling

Using a roller on golf greens was generally considered poor practice before the development of lightweight, independently-driven or triple mower-mounted units. This type of roller produces a smoother, faster running surface at the same time as enabling relaxation of the mowing regime, both in terms of mowing frequency and height of cut. Research suggests that within a sound management programme, including adequate aeration, these rollers can be used several days a week without causing compaction.

A recent recommendation is to concentrate rolling in the area immediately round the day's hole location, as this is the part of the green where it is most noticeable how smooth and fast the surface is. Working on a relatively small area also reduces the time spent on this operation. "

James B
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 09:47:17 AM by James Bennett »
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

John_Cullum

Re:The Open Road to Sustainability
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 10:48:59 AM »
Amazing how little was spent on ordinary maintenance in the year leading up to the championship
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back