News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

Re:O/T Golfer's Elbow
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 11:10:42 AM »
I am seeing somebody tomorrow who is supposed to be one of the best in the nation for epicondylitis so I will chime in with the "news" afterwards.

I had a cortisone in November, which was marvelous but has started to wear off, and of course no one recommends more than two in the same area due to the degredation of tissues in the area that the steroid creates.

I had the same deal with my rotator cuff, which then required surgery which was a huge success, and if anybody is in doubt about surgery or not...do it..life is so much better without all that shoulder pain.
Elbow surgery however does not carry as positive a prognosis, due to the poor soft tissue and blood supply to the area.

Russ Miller

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 11:38:06 AM »
Tim -

I didn't know that your elbow was bothering you Saturday.  You couldn't tell from the way you were playing (with the exception of 1 and 18 maybe ;D).  You should have said something, though, maybe we could have gotten a few strokes out of our competitors.

A couple of years ago, my dad had golfer's elbow.  He stopped playing for about a month and that pretty much fixed the problem - that may not be the advice you're looking for in light of your coming trip to Bandon.

Russ

JR Potts

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 11:08:55 PM »
Tim:  I hope you are doing okay.

I got a shot of cortisone yesterday and hope to be full strength in a week.  I don't care what they say....that shot hurts.  

It doesn't hurt this much though.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 11:11:50 PM by Ryan Potts »

Jason McNamara

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 11:52:27 PM »
It doesn't hurt this much though.

If the Germans didn't have a cool word like Schadenfreude for us to borrow, we sure would have to invent it.

JR Potts

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 09:54:26 AM »
Yes, I'm a terrible person.  And so are you for taking joy in my shoulder pain.  ;D

Jason McNamara

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 03:16:06 PM »
Yes, I'm a terrible person.  And so are you for taking joy in my shoulder pain.  ;D

:)  Regarding your shoulder, the German word I'd use is 'bemitleiden' - commiserate.

Tim Bert

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 03:40:47 PM »
No shots here.  I bought the Band-It.  Doesn't really help too much but it is keeping it from getting unbearable.  I'm just continuing to ignore everyone's advice and play through it.  14 days to Bandon, so not much choice.

I shot 79 today, which is the first time I've broken 80 since 2001.  Pain never felt so good.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back