News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Irish Chapter: Carrig Glas Manor News?
« on: May 31, 2007, 05:42:13 PM »
Any word of devs here, you fellas?

They're starting to push the Real Estate on Sat TV here now...Retief Goosen, eh? I can't wait.

cheers,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jack_Marr

Re:Irish Chapter: Carrig Glas Manor News?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 03:39:10 AM »
Martin

I have never heard of it. I think they must be selling it abroad - Irish people are reluctant to buy houses at the moment in a falling market.

Faldo is building a course not so far away in Leitrim and Els is doing something beside Old Head. Harrington is doing one, Nicklaus is doing a couple... McGinley...

John
John Marr(inan)

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 05:11:32 AM »
Martin

I have never heard of it. I think they must be selling it abroad - Irish people are reluctant to buy houses at the moment in a falling market.

Faldo is building a course not so far away in Leitrim and Els is doing something beside Old Head. Harrington is doing one, Nicklaus is doing a couple... McGinley...

John

Are house prices falling down south?

They doubled in two years in my area!

Jack_Marr

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 06:26:40 AM »
Matthew

Yes, they dropped 1 percent this year, the first time in about 15 yrs. House prices have increased massively over that period, so a correction is likely.

My parents house, for example, bought about 20 yrs ago, has appreciated 3,000%. Just buying a very standard 3-bed semi-detached house in Dublin will cost about 400k to 500k euro.

There was an election here, and nobody yet really knows the state of play regarding stamp duty.

John
John Marr(inan)

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 07:06:30 AM »
Someone showed my dad a 50 acre farm on the outskirts of doblin for £25,000 20 years ago and said he should buy it. My dad thought they were mad, but now you would get 8 didgets for it.

Jack_Marr

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 07:17:59 AM »
Yes, and it means that several golf courses and pitch and putt courses are being bought by developers to turning into housing estates.
John Marr(inan)

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 07:40:49 AM »
Jack, Do yous have the same problem as in the north that new golf courses are under the same planning laws as houses. How can a golf couse complete with properety developers for land? I perrsonly think it should be classified as 'parkland'.

Jack_Marr

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 07:49:44 AM »
I'm not sure Matthew. I think it's easy enough to get land rezoned down here anyway. And there is a need for housing as the population goes up.

John
John Marr(inan)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back