News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

In Sean's excellent review of Herbert Fowler's Beau Desert, this photograph stood out:

Clearly, this was Tom Fazio's inspiration for what Tommy has critically called the "handicap ramp" Tom Fazio installed to access the right-hand fairway of the 8th hole at Riviera.  (Tommy, perhaps you can post your photograph showing the handrails as part of your penance.)

Or is it possible that Fazio has done a little work at Beau Desert?

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re:The Emperor Has No Clothes: Will Tommy Apologize to Fazio?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 04:26:36 PM »
Oh Bogie you must be a bit bored today to pick on Tommy when his emotions are running hot.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 04:35:11 PM »
Mike, that "ramp" is behind the green headed to the next tee.  And it's not steep enough to require ADA handrails.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 05:25:07 PM »
In Sean's excellent review of Herbert Fowler's Beau Desert, this photograph stood out:

MIke, I've seen this hole before. I think it was at Saint  Germain Golf Club near Paris, a Colt design.

Bob

Clearly, this was Tom Fazio's inspiration for what Tommy has critically called the "handicap ramp" Tom Fazio installed to access the right-hand fairway of the 8th hole at Riviera.  (Tommy, perhaps you can post your photograph showing the handrails as part of your penance.)

Or is it possible that Fazio has done a little work at Beau Desert?

Mike

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 06:47:10 PM »
Clearly added by some rampant/runaway alcohol-infused Brit Twit with the artistic taste and common sense of a yak in heat.

And NO, he'll still get no apologies from me! ;) (He gives the name Thomas a bad name!)

James_Livingston

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 07:08:09 AM »
How good would that be if they had proper short grass around the green?  Clearly it is not only in America that they have such ruinous course setups?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 07:10:43 AM by James_L »

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 08:23:26 PM »
How good would that be if they had proper short grass around the green?  Clearly it is not only in America that they have such ruinous course setups?

It looks like there is a grassed over bunker to the left of the ramp.
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back