News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

The Sink Hole
« on: May 29, 2007, 12:48:24 PM »
This graphic appeared in the newspaper today.  It's a sure sign of madness when one's first thought is of a new template green:

Paging Tommy.  Please photoshop in a flagstick and some steps.  Perhaps a fireman's pole would be more appropriate.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 12:50:29 PM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Brian_Ewen

Re:The Sink Hole
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 01:10:12 PM »
I like Cruden Bay's 14th ! .

Doug Ralston

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 01:16:24 PM »
LOL;

Limestone underlies Tennessee like no other place on Earth. Cave central! I should know, I have been in about 2000 of them, I think. Wonders beyond the imagination of the most gifted GCA.

There is a cave in Fentress County of such dimensions that we could build a golf course INSIDE. It is about 80ft wide and 60ft high for 3.5 miles. It has very smooth flat passage with all the breakdown firmly up against the sides [hazards!]. Of course it would have a little bit of a flooding problem, since it will flash flood to the ceiling, like a toilet flushing, when a lot of rain falls in the area in a short amount of time. Hmm, guess we could just resod after every storm.

You'de use a durable golf ball, since shots would mostly involve a sort of billiard/golf. Shall we call it trogolf? :D

Doug

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 01:31:11 PM »
I actually remember palying a course with a green that had a sinkhole somewhere in Illinois, maybe Bull Run??
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

James Bennett

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 07:40:16 PM »
Michael

rather than a new template green, what about as a bunker?

Whatabout as a name for a bunker?

It could compete with Pine Valley #10 (devil's asshole) and The Old Course #17 (Road Bunker).

"He's not in a bunker, he's in the sink hole"

Just make sure it drains.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 08:15:05 PM »
A sinkhole on Nefyn & District (Wales) required the building of eight new holes. The course wandered out onto a promontory but the honker hole developed on the 2nd/7th holes of the loop.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back