News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

James Bennett

Re:merion west pics
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 06:13:43 PM »
Mike,

The front nine are dark red.  The back nine are orange.  You are not color blind, just not very observant  ;)

Now, why are they those particular colors?

the three sets of tees are also dark red, deep orange and white (white is used on the pins, with the baskets on the East and Flags on the West).  A unique but simple colour set for the whole complex.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 09:11:21 PM »

I know I've been told the story - they ran out paint?  (wrong, right?)

BTW - have you ever seen the mini-baskets on the practice putting green?  

wsmorrison

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 08:20:32 AM »
Dan,

Of what do the dark red and orange colors remind you?  Consider that this is paint they always have on hand.

Bill Jones

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 12:05:35 PM »
Actually they are crimson and tangerine

D_Malley

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 01:34:36 PM »
what about that bunker style? occasionally set into the tops of mounds.   Is this flynn or wilson style?  or maybe richie V?

also the guy that owns the house in pic above behind and left of first green says he has already found and resold over 100 of mr. morrison's lost golf balls.

Jason Mandel

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 02:48:51 PM »
Dan,

Of what do the dark red and orange colors remind you?  Consider that this is paint they always have on hand.

Wayne,

The dark red reminds me of the old maroon phillies uniforms... am I on the right track?

Jason
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

Andy Scanlon

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2007, 02:57:53 PM »
Dan,

I know...I know...tractor paint, what do I win???
All architects will be a lot more comfortable when the powers that be in golf finally solve the ball problem. If the distance to be gotten with the ball continues to increase, it will be necessary to go to 7,500 and even 8000 yard courses.  
- William Flynn, golf architect, 1927

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back