News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Shark Sighting Near Nashville
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »
According to today's Tennessean Greg "Norman was in southern Williamson County Tuesday for Laurel Cove's groundbreaking, walking the 1,000 acres property for the first time to get design ideas for the 7,200 yard private golf course that'll anchor an upscale 800 home development."

This course has been marketed for a few months now.  Is it odd that Norman would accept a project BEFORE actually seeing the site?  Before piling on, keep in mind the newspaper only costs fiddy cents.

Entire article:
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070523/SPORTS08/705230453/1328/SPORTS

Mike
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:50:25 AM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:Shark Sighting Near Nashville
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:12:24 AM »
Mike,
Please do not question the master. It takes a lot to figure out which part of that 1,000 acre piece of marble is supposed to be released first....

Mike Hendren

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 10:16:04 AM »
Emperor,

You'd at least think he'd select the stone.

Mike

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:16:36 AM »
Mike:

If I had to guess, I'd guess that 30% of the jobs done by big-name architects are signed up by their business guys before they ever see the site.  If they are only ever going to be on site a handful of times, getting there before anything is happening shouldn't be a priority.

Russ Miller

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:43:01 AM »
Mike - Do you have any idea what the site looks like?  Did his business guys pick him out something good to work with?

They are really marketing this place like crazy.  Everytime I listen to the radio there is a commericial about the Shark coming to Middle Tennessee and there have been ads in the paper for months.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:43:21 AM by Russ Miller »

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 12:08:14 PM »
When reading about the "Shark" I think of Jack Newton's famous put-down when calling him "the Great White Fishstick."

Perhaps Mike Clayton could tell us about the animus there.

Bob

Dale_McCallon

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 12:21:03 PM »
Any chance he will be adding 13 holes to the Lightning Bug course while he is in the area?

Mike Hendren

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 12:24:10 PM »
Any chance he will be adding 13 holes to the Lightning Bug course while he is in the area?

Nah.  Big fish.  Small pond.

BTW, toured Jackie Nicklaus' course north of town last week.  It will be quite good.  Soft opening this fall.

Mike

David Ownby

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 01:02:38 PM »
Norman's course just outside Knoxville (Tennessee National) opened in the past year. I toured it during construction but haven't played it (yet). It is an outstanding piece of property in the bend of the river. I heard they have planned for 1,400 homes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back