News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Stamm

The GreenFix repair tool
« on: May 14, 2007, 11:28:23 AM »
Saw an interesting article in GW about this divot tool that alot of clubs are encouraging players to use. I myself used one last week at a club that was giving these to players exclusively. It really is easy to use and it seems that more and more clubs are going to them because they are pretty much idiot proof. Hey, I need all the help I can get! They have small tines and are alot less apt to damaging the roots. The article hints that this may turn out as big as soft spikes were when they hit the scene. Anybody else use these yet? IMHO, anything that encourages better green conditions gets a thumbs up from me. The greens were moderately soft where I played so it was easier to use. I would like to try them on firmer greens and see how it does, but otherwise, it works well.

I saw Jason beat me to the punch with starting a thread! :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:32:01 AM by David Stamm »
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

redanman

Re:The GreenFix repair tool
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 11:30:07 AM »
They don't work on soggy greens very well, they work very well on greens that dent and scuff.

KBanks

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 12:43:48 PM »
Cuscowilla had them on offer this spring. They do work well.

Ken

Doug Sobieski

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 01:12:36 PM »
They don't work on soggy greens very well, they work very well on greens that dent and scuff.

Agreed. I started using them exclusively about a year ago. A club pro friend of mine gave me some to use, and I'm a convert. They are truly the first repair tool I've seen that makes a noticeable difference in how "puttoverable" a ball mark is. On greens that aren't too soft, it really eliminates any evidence of impact much more so than a typical tool.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back