News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Blasberg

Pine Ridge Golf Club
« on: May 12, 2007, 03:19:08 PM »
Ron Forse's design in Coram, NY on Long Island is very enjoyable, and pretty tough if you spray the tee ball like me ???.  It plays a sneeky long 6600 (par 70) from the back markers with two driveable 4 pars (the guy behind us drove both while we were still on the green) and several real tough 4.5s, 12 and 13 play about 460/490 respectively and are are two real tough 4s in a row.

Lot's of interesting green shapes with a good amount of internal contouring.  The skinny 50+ yard deep 16th green was my favorite.

The course is forced in a few spots with some routing gliches and you better hit it straight with the driver but it's a good challenge and a great public option for LI.

It remined me of Hidden Creek and Laurel Links in different places.  A nice fresh addition for LI public play and if they firm up those greens for a tourney or two, watch out, with those pine trees everywhere and three putts lurking on most holes the scores could go high there in a hurry.  

Go play it if you can and don't feel obligated to play the back tees unless you're a solid 5 or better (and straight).

I should've played the blue tees with my Dad ;)

Jason Blasberg

Re:Pine Ridge Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 03:20:59 PM »
I forgot to mention that the pace of play was excellent.  We finished just over 4 hours (mostly b.c of lost balls) and waiting on only a few holes on the back nine.  

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 03:24:31 PM »
props to Mike Sweeney for giving us the head's up on Pine Ridge.

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 08:17:59 PM »
Jason

Sorry I couldn't make it.  My back is feeling better so let's get out somewhere soon.  I will check out Pine Ridge.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back