News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Bill_McBride

If it ain't REALLY broke, don't fix it!
« on: May 10, 2007, 05:15:52 PM »
After the exhaustive "mea culpa" and chest-beating of the thread on how GCA.com must be fixed or suffer from OT disease, I just want to say that it's a great thing Ran has done to put this whole thing together, the occasional egregious OT thread not withstanding.

Case in point -- I just finished a 15 minute three-way email exchange with a chap in Leeds, an Alwoodley member, and another in Adelaide, Australia.  I'm on the Florida gulf coast.

Three continents apart, separated by God alone knows how many time zones, and communicating because of a common interest in great golf courses classic and modern, all made possible by Ran Morrissette and GolfClubAtlas.com.

I think there are 1500 of us benefiting from Ran's vision, or maybe it's just become a whole lot bigger and more meaningful than even he imagined.

Thanks!  Don't fix it to the point where OT threads are sequestered, I guess, because this is certainly OT but germane nonetheless when considering what GCA.com does for us.

Marty Bonnar

Re:If it ain't REALLY broke, don't fix it!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 05:36:28 PM »
Well said, mon Oncle favorit.

On a very personal note, I'd like to add that, through this daft Site, I have already met a couple of dozen new friends in person:
Some of whom have already gone on to become VERY GOOD friends.
Some of whom who have already happily opened their home courses - and, in some cases, even their homes to La Nancy et moi - essentially strangers - with complete trust and in open friendship.
Some of whom who have already stayed with La Nancy et moi.
Many of whom we have golfed, dined, partied, conversed and toured with.

Already this year we have hosted a few chums with a couple more to follow. Days of golf and evenings of dining and wine with fellow GCA nuts are just the best.

I hope and am sure that there are many more such good times to be had in the future.

I am thankful for GCA.

Internet buddies can be REAL buddies too!!!

cheers,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Stan Dodd

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 05:58:51 PM »
Well said, Martin.  Agree completely.
See you soon. ;D

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 06:11:12 PM »
Well said, Martin.  Agree completely.
See you soon. ;D

There you are. Evidence, prima facie - as some dodgy Chicago lawyer ;D might be heard to say.

Imagine, if you will, arriving at a strange airport in a strange town, picking up a strange hire car and driving far on strange roads to a strange town.

Turning a corner, you are greeted by a HUGE flag of your home nation fluttering majestically on the front porch of a house.

You just know you are HOME!

See you guys soon! ;)

cheers,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back