News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

PThomas

the golf course opposite of the Dumb Blonde
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:48:03 PM »
Tommy's pictures on that one thread inspired this:  what courses are the opposite of Doak's Dumb Blondes?  that is, one that are better than they first appear, those whose appeal are more than skin deep??

199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Tom Huckaby

Re:the golf course opposite of the Dumb Blonde
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:50:29 PM »
Great question.

The obvious answer would have to be The Old Course.  Oh it does have it's beauty for sure, but it's definitely a subtle thing.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 01:54:19 PM »
Desert Forest, especially when dormant.  (I believe they might be overseeding these days.)

Mike
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:54:51 PM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jordan Wall

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
For me, Seattle Golf Club.

Doug Bolls

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 10:44:59 PM »
I am thinking North Berwick - The last 6 holes were just incredible - far more than I expected.
Tom Doak suggested I would be disappointed by the Redan - I found it harder and longer than expeccted, but a very good hole.
The Berritz(sp?) green was just phenominal - lots of undulations and a very BIG valley to putt through if you missed on the wrong part of the green - which, of course I did.
The 14th was a short drivbe with a totally blind shot to the green - a wonderful hole!
If you get a chance to play here, don't miss it.
Doug Bolls

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back