News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

fred ruttenberg

The Carrick on Loch Lomand
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:22:16 PM »
Is anyone familar with this course? How does it compare to the Dundonald Links?A picture is in the May issue of Travel and Leisure golf and looks interesting.

Willie_Dow

Re:The Carrick on Loch Lomand
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:29:57 PM »
Hey Fred - get further north to Dornach !  You'll never find a better place, or better golf .

Ian Andrew

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 10:28:25 PM »
The 10th, an uphill mid-length par four

The architect himself at the 5th.

My favourite, the short par five 11th

The drop shot 14th, with the Loch in the background

« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 10:37:28 PM by Ian Andrew »

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 05:17:56 AM »
i don't know why you are trying to compare it to dundonald... chalk and cheese i would have thought... as i understand it, the carrick is on more open ground than neigbouring loch lomond... i believe it also has a lower shelf by the loch and an upper shelf where the majority of holes are away from the loch... it is a less spectacular site than it's neighbour but from what i've heard, it's going to be quite a lovely course... haven't heard any comments about specific architectural merits... the course is also tied in to the devere cameron house hotel...

...as an aside, i believe loch lomond golf club are closer to getting their second course off the ground... anyone know about that?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back