News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Richards

from forest dunes to kingsley to chicago....
« on: May 06, 2007, 02:19:22 PM »
Sorry about this exercise, but I keep confusing myself.

If one were to travel the route of Forest Dunes to Kingsley to Chicago, which, if any, of these courses is along the way - meaning less than 1/2 hour out of the path that is best traveled.

Thanks in advance!

TIMBERSTONE GC        
TREETOPS SYLVAN (R.T. JONES)        
RED HAWK GC        
TRUE NORTH GC        
LAKEWOOD SHORES (GAILES)        
ELK RIDGE GC        
GRAND TRAVERSE R (THE BEAR)        
EAGLE EYE GC        
TPC OF MICHIGAN        
OAKHURST G & CC        
SHANTY CREEK (THE LEGEND)        
THOUSAND OAKS GC        
SHANTY CREEK (CEDAR RIVER)        
THOROUGHBRED GC        
WARWICK HILLS G & CC        
ISLAND HILLS GC        
WILDERNESS VALLEY (BLK FRST)        
SIGNAL POINT CLUB        
COPPER HILL G & CC (MARSH/HILL)        
TREETOPS NORTH (TOM FAZIO)        
DUNMAGLAS GC        
GRAND HAVEN        
RATTLE RUN        
LOCHEN HEATH GC              
BELVEDERE
GREYWALLS
ANGELS CROSSING        
LITTLE TRAVERSE BAY GC        
GARLAND (MONARCH)        
BOYNE MOUNTAIN (MONUMENT)        
EGYPT VALLEY CC        
THE FORTRESS        
GARLAND (SWAMPFIRE)        
POHLCAT GC        

Meadows at Grand Valley State University
Port Huron Golf Club
The Preserve GC
Timberstone GC
Hemlock
Lakewood Shores Resort - Blackshire
Yarrow Golf & Conference
Battle Creek GC
Moose Ridge GC
The Majestic
Buck's Run
Grande GC
Lochen Heath
Meadowbrook CC
Blythfield CC
Grosse Ile G&CC
Tam O'Shanter
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 03:04:18 PM by Paul Richards »
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Sean_A

Re:from forest dunes to kingsley to chicago....
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 02:37:32 PM »
I think Pilgrims Run is the course least off your track, its just off 131 north of Grand Rapids.  Angels Crossing is a bit south of Kzoo (the 94/131 intersection).  I am not sure any of the others are within 30 minutes of your route.  I don't think you mentioned Tullymore, but it isn't far off 131.

Ciao

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 02:37:50 PM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 03:01:27 PM »
Paul:

Most people would take M-72 from Grayling to Traverse City and then down to Kingsley, in which case High Pointe and Grand Traverse Resort are right on your route, and Lochenheath is only about 5 minutes out of the way.  Shanty Creek is the next closest, it's about 20 min. north of M-72.

From Kingsley to Chicago, Pilgrims Run is closest as Sean says.  Mike's newer course, The Mines, is just south of Grand Rapids and just off US 131.  And then of course you actually drive through Lost Dunes on I-94 heading around the lake.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 03:02:31 PM by Tom_Doak »

Joe Hancock

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 03:01:39 PM »
I am not sure of the Forest Dunes to Kingsley leg of the trip, but from Kingsley back to Chicago, these courses would be within a half hour if you went US 131 to I-196 to I-94:

Thousand Oaks
Signal Point (I think)
Grand Haven
Pilgrim's Run
Angel's Crossing
Egypt Valley
The Meadows@GVSU
Blythefield CC

and one not on your list:

The Mines, which if following the above route is absolutely the easiest to get to. It borders I-196, one mile west of downtown Grand Rapids.

Joe

" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Paul Richards

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 03:05:04 PM »
Sean

Thanks for the Pilgrim's Run comment, but I just realized I should have removed it from the list as I've already played it - and enjoyed it a lot!

"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Paul Richards

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 03:26:07 PM »
tom

thanks for your help

i think i have it figured out now

joe

thanks as well

cheers!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back