News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

The Creek Club
« on: June 06, 2007, 02:52:19 PM »
I know there was a thread about this club about a year ago with pictures.  I can't find it.  If you could direct me to the thread I would appreciate it.  I played it on Tuesday and found that holes 6-16 were astonishingly good.  I forgot my camera and would like some pictures.  
thanks

Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

TaylorA

Re:The Creek Club
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 03:43:46 PM »
Tommy, assuming you mean the new course at Reynolds, I'm going to be playing there very soon and plan on taking my camera. I'll post pictures here when I return. I'd be surprised if pictures from a year ago would be of much use since it was still under construction at that point. (Again, assuming you're talking about the Engh design at Reynolds.)

wsmorrison

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 03:45:17 PM »
Referencing holes 6-16, it sure sounds like the Creek Club in Locust Valley, NY.  I'll post some pictures since I am not at all competent with the search feature.

SPDB

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 03:49:19 PM »
What did you think about the 5th, with its wonderful skyline green.  ;D :P ;)

(if you're scratching your head and thinking "gee, I don't remember that hole having a skyline green, you're memory is correct. There is no skyline green on #5, Pat Mucci's protestations to the contrary notwithstanding.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:51:20 PM by SBerry »

Jim Franklin

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 03:49:22 PM »
Tommy, you may have to go page by page to find it. I don't know how some of the old threads get reshuffled. Maybe Scott Burroughs can help you. He is pretty good with this stuff.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:49:50 PM by Jim Franklin »
Mr Hurricane

wsmorrison

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 04:25:57 PM »
12 green (foreground) 9 green (background)

13 fairway

8, reverse redan

11, Biarritz

9 fairway and 12 green

9 green

6 green

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:26:16 PM by Wayne Morrison »

SPDB

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 05:03:16 PM »
wayne,
do you have a picture of 5?

wsmorrison

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 05:22:32 PM »
No, I cannot seem to find the file with the remainder of my Creek Club photos.  The 5th has a skyline fairway but not green as there is a large grove of trees behind the green and which travel the entire length of the western portion of the property down to the lower parking lot.

SPDB

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 05:59:16 PM »
Yes, exactly. Mucci bet me on this years ago (as well as Merion having yardages on their sprinkler head). I won both bets and have yet to see a payday (the interest alone could choke a horse).

Craig Disher

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 06:23:48 PM »
A few others from the same set:

Hole nr 4 - Eden?

Hole nr 5

Redan from the back

6th and 18th holes

View of the property from near the Biarritz looking south

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 09:39:19 PM »
Thanks for the pictures.  They are wonderful and help me remember the great holes.  I am not getting into an argument about the fifth (skyline) green.  It does however have a pretty good reverse redan and a biarritz.  The 12th - 16th greens are some of the most interesting greens I have played.  The sixth green is a mystery.  The pin was front left.  I have no idea how to get close to that pin.  It is as severe a reverse redan as I have ever seen.  I though I hit the perefect shot, a high soft fade that kicked right forty feet away.At least I didn't four putt.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 06:56:47 PM »

Yes, exactly. Mucci bet me on this years ago (as well as Merion having yardages on their sprinkler head). I won both bets and have yet to see a payday (the interest alone could choke a horse).

Yes, I owe you a dinner for the yardage indicators on the sprinkler heads at Merion.  Although, rumor has it that you contacted a member prior to making the bet.

If you'd stop traveling to New England you'd have eaten years ago.   As to the interest, you can have a double dessert.

As to # 5 at The Creek, I'm awaiting George Holland's research on the issue.  But, that picture of # 5 above, looks like it's a skyline feature.
[/color]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 06:58:59 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

SPDB

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 07:05:27 PM »
Patrissimo,

I would suggest going over to the Dedham Polo/Raynor thread.

As for the rumor about contacting a Merion member, hogwash. Go back to the thread, we were having a quick back and forth banter. I knew it because I've played Merion numerous times and had played numerous times that summer/fall. Truth be told I did feel like I was taking advantage of you, but then again you make me feel that way a lot.  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back