News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

O/T. The Golden Rule
« on: April 29, 2007, 02:51:21 PM »
He who has the gold, rules.

See Selena Roberts article in today's New York Times on the 'double dipping' of Tiger and the prostration of Finchem when dealing with the Golden Man.

Bob

Jay Flemma

Re:O/T. The Golden Rule
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:04:26 AM »
Bob, by any chance can you post the link so lot of people can read it?  Is it even on line?  Thanks.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 11:08:37 AM »
Go to GeoffShackelford.com and you will find this to be the lead story.  The comment section has some bizarre opinions that I am having trouble with understanding if they insult the author or not.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 11:37:28 AM »
Bob, by any chance can you post the link so lot of people can read it?  Is it even on line?  Thanks.

Jay

See:

http://select.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/sports/golf/29roberts.html?ref=golf

Bob

tlavin

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 11:39:51 AM »
This was a refreshingly candid article about the elephant in the clubhouse that the rest of the golf media is more comfortable ignoring.  It's crazy to say this, but she showed courage in writing the article.  Isn't that silly?  The sad fact is that most golf writers have chosen to avoid controversy on many topics, but particularly this topic.  

Jay Flemma

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 11:58:14 AM »

Jay

See:

http://select.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/sports/golf/29roberts.html?ref=golf

Bob
Yeah, but I'm not giving one red cent to the NYT...let alone $7.95...

John, thank you for the heads up. Nicely done.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 11:58:50 AM by Jay Flemma »

Steve Lapper

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 12:53:18 PM »
Jay,

The price of the NYT is cheap IMHO. Ye Olde Gray Lady, with all her faults, is still the best newspaper in the country. Nothing in Philly or points West lays a paw on it and it's still more interesting than certain blog rants I know of.

Ms. Roberts is indeed a gutsy columnist. She has no compunction about taking on any of the sporting world's goliaths or "sacred" institutions. She is unafraid to call it as she sees it and her coverage of the social implications generated by professional sports is unparalleled.

This piece on Tiger, the PGA, and the integrity of golf was terrific, yet the larger question really is whether or not Tim Finchem and others down in Ponte Vedra can even read?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 12:53:50 PM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 01:13:45 PM »
Jay,

The price of the NYT is cheap IMHO. Ye Olde Gray Lady, with all her faults, is still the best newspaper in the country. Nothing in Philly or points West lays a paw on it and it's still more interesting than certain blog rants I know of.

Ms. Roberts is indeed a gutsy columnist. She has no compunction about taking on any of the sporting world's goliaths or "sacred" institutions. She is unafraid to call it as she sees it and her coverage of the social implications generated by professional sports is unparalleled.

This piece on Tiger, the PGA, and the integrity of golf was terrific, yet the larger question really is whether or not Tim Finchem and others down in Ponte Vedra can even read?

Steve,

You are right about the NYT. At times I loathe some of their biases but "better to know one's enemies" etc.

As for Ms. Roberts, she puts a lot of our golf writers to shame.

Bob

Kalen Braley

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 03:14:10 PM »
Many things have been written about Tiger and what his impact to the tour is.

But like it or not Tiger is the tour and Tim knows this. And he knows that the tour needs Tiger alot more than Tiger needs the tour.  Arnie, Nelson, and Jack all have thier own tournaments, why not Tiger?? He's made a name for himself already, could die tommorow, and would still go down as one of the all-time greats of the game.  

I'm really not seeing what the issue is here...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back