News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RT

Bunker Love
« on: April 24, 2007, 09:16:42 AM »
Here's a couple of images of two bunkers found on the Hotchkin Course at Woodhall Spa. I have Tuco Ramirez as trusty GCA example of bunker and putting technique (look at the hole during stroke!)

What I am looking is the challenge each possess and the variety, and no fancy shaping there, just sober hazards and obstacles.

Hole 1

Hole 12 Par-3

Kirk Gill

Re:Bunker Love
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 10:07:44 AM »
In both cases the approach is coming in from behind and to the right of the photographer, yes?

What I like is that while the area around the bunkers isn't really "shaved," the grass isn't long enough to prevent a shot from rolling into the sand. The depth is good, requiring enough gusto to clear the bank while requiring some touch to negotiate the green contours.
"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

RT

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 10:28:55 AM »
Kirk

You are right, both back and too the right.

Here was the tee shot on 12.

Dont have the angle to no. 1, but here is the infamous 5th.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 11:13:12 AM »
Miseur RT,
I have to ask if these images were staged by Tuco hisself? (did he ask you to take these images?) because that's a normal Tuco-thing to do when playing with him.

You see, I think Tuco does a great job at posing, but I'm a believer that the best way to capture a moment is when they don't know the moment is being captured, otherwise Tuco is no different then a model walking down the catwalk. And trust me when I say this: I don't want to even think about Tuco walking down a catwalk.....

Noel Freeman

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 11:35:34 AM »
Miseur RT,
I have to ask if these images were staged by Tuco hisself? (did he ask you to take these images?) because that's a normal Tuco-thing to do when playing with him.

You see, I think Tuco does a great job at posing, but I'm a believer that the best way to capture a moment is when they don't know the moment is being captured, otherwise Tuco is no different then a model walking down the catwalk. And trust me when I say this: I don't want to even think about Tuco walking down a catwalk.....

Tommy-

There are two kinds of spurs, my friend.. Those that come in by the door and those that come in by the window.  Remember I told you at the Valley Club, do not doublecross Tuco!  While I'm waiting for my good friend El Guapo to remember me, I, Tuco Ramirez, former friend of Jim Reilly, El Guapo, Angel Eyez and others will tell you something.  You think you are better than I am?  Where I come from if one does not want to die of golf architecture boredom, one became a golf architecture critic or a poser!  You chose your way and I chose mine.  Mine was harder!   Now I am going to tell you something.... you became a critic because you are too much of a coward to do what I do.

But still, even a tramp like me know that no matter what happens I know my good old friend El Guapo's out there who will never refuse me an In N Out burger.

Mark_Fine

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 11:50:46 AM »
I love bunkers  ;D  and Woodhall Spa has some of the best.  I wonder if Pete Dye ever visited that course  ;)  

Kalen Braley

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 12:41:01 PM »
Sean,

Thats the first thing I thought as well when I saw that last picture.  Enghs are a little more narrow I think, but they appear to be tough little devils to get out of in some spots.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 03:55:41 PM »
Tuco Benedicto Pacifi--that's "The Rat"!

Tuco -- and whatever other aliases you may have -- you are guilty of using marked scorecards and I condemn you to sink in that bunker until dead, may God have mercy on your soul.

PROCEED!

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 04:56:36 PM »

^^^Nature Trying to heal itself, I like.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 05:55:42 PM »

This looks like the bunker on the right side of #9 at Myopia Hunt Club, a classic hole

Is it my imagination, or does this look some of Engh's bunkers?  This doesn't quite look as muscular as Engh's versions, but jeepers they are similar!

Ciao
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back