News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Taylor

PA Guys ... Bedford Springs Resort?
« on: April 09, 2007, 04:34:17 PM »
The head pro at my club is departing to take the Director of Golf position at Bedford Springs Resort. A little Googling reveals that Bedford Springs has an Oldham/Tillinghast/Ross lineage and that Ron Forse did the restoration.

Their website indicates a summer 2007 opening.

PA guys - know anything about this project? Is it worth seeing when it opens.

They're getting a really good guy for DoG!

Tim
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 04:34:48 PM by Tim Taylor »

JSlonis

Re:PA Guys ... Bedford Springs Resort?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 05:00:36 PM »
Tim,

Jim Nagle showed me some photos and the restoration plans for Bedford during a visit to Tavistock.  It appears to be a great project.  There are some very cool holes and features on that site.  It'll be a must look for GCA'ers upon completion.

Dave Maberry

wsmorrison

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 06:06:55 PM »
Jim Nagle and Ron Forse took Tom Paul and I for a tour of Bedford Springs on our way west last year.  The project was about halfway complete and I believe the course should be open later this year.  It looks incredibly good!  Recently Jeff Silverman went for a visit and he told me the same, it is going to be a very well received golf course.  It had better, the owners are putting something like $120 million into the place.  I feel certain the golf course will not disappoint anyone.  I think we're trying to get a GCA outing there in the fall.  I'm sure if Jim sees this thread he will post comments and photos.

JohnV

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 06:56:32 PM »
I'll be going over there in a couple weeks to measure it in preparation for course rating.

It is growing in.  They have told us that we'll have to keep carts on the paths as it is still pretty raw.

Tim Taylor

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »
Awesome. Thanks for the info fellas. I'll make it a point to get up there this summer, check out the course, and visit with our soon-to-be-former head pro. And I'll certainly join a GCA outing in the fall if it happens.

Tim

JNagle

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 02:01:01 PM »
Tim -

Your Pro is heading to a great facility (aside from the golf course).  The Owner (majority partner) and his right hand man are great to work for and are, without question, doing an incredible job resurrecting this resort.  The course and resort is scheduled to open sometime around the US Open.  Weather the last two weeks may have an impact on the opening.  Waiting to see.

It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or the doer of deeds could have done better.  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; .....  "The Critic"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back