News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Siebert

If you had just one chance to play ANGC...
« on: April 07, 2007, 10:40:35 PM »
What conditions would you rather play it under:

a) just like today, even the cold!  (brrrr...)
b) just like today, other than the cold
c) Masters tees, but member's greens (slower and softer)
d) member's conditions (member's tees, greens, no second cut if they mow that away the rest of the season, etc.)

I'll take b, because I refuse to play when it is as cold as it was out there today.  If nothing else, I could post a follow up to the "what would you shoot" thread with some actual data.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Rich Goodale

Re:If you had just one chance to play ANGC...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 11:29:09 AM »
b.

.....but I also want the 35,000 spectators to make sure my wayward shots get kicked back into play.....

John Kirk

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 11:52:40 AM »

I'll take b, because I refuse to play when it is as cold as it was out there today.

"Hello, yes.  This is Mr. Siebert.  I realize I was scheduled to play today, but it's just too cold for me.  I'll either sit in my hotel room or take a drive to Savannah."

I'll take c. to be different.

John Kirk

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 03:24:16 PM »
Sorry, Doug.  That was meant to be funny and not harsh.

Tim Bert

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 03:30:08 PM »
Can I have member's tees and Masters greens?

tlavin

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 03:36:15 PM »
I prefer the pragmatic view, so I'd go (d).  I might even make a handful of pars that way!

Doug Siebert

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 10:12:12 PM »

I'll take b, because I refuse to play when it is as cold as it was out there today.

"Hello, yes.  This is Mr. Siebert.  I realize I was scheduled to play today, but it's just too cold for me.  I'll either sit in my hotel room or take a drive to Savannah."

I'll take c. to be different.

Hey, if it was as cold as it must have been for the early starters on Saturday, when wind chills were probably in the 20s, I probably would make that call.  Or, more likely, I'd show up to "play" without my clubs and just walk the course since it was my only chance.  But there'd be no point in me trying to play when I'd be unable to even make a proper swing and my hands would be so cold I'd have no hope of finding anything like the feel required to putt those greens.  Why torture myself and probably pull something in my back that would keep me off the course for the next month or two?

And yes, Tim, you can have your option e)  Sorry I left that obvious choice off the list!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 10:13:03 PM by Doug Siebert »
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 10:19:48 PM »
perhaps I'm cut from a different cloth...but I would play the course under any conditions...

And I 2nd the suggestion by Tim....members tees, masters greens...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back