News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Martin Del Vecchio

Re:"Oh my God! Oh my God!" and then a bath...
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 03:12:27 PM »
Martin:

She was sitting in the fairway on the 18th, facing an incredibly tough approach shot (for women) -- an uphill draw to a very tough green. Sitting there, watching Kim on the green, she knew Kim faced a very difficult bunker shot, and a very tough up and down from that position. Instead, Kim hit the shot of a lifetime, and forced Pressel to play the hole the way she did. Think Pressel would've played the hole differently knowing Kim had at best parred or bogied the hole? I do.

I think there's a chance.  But I wanted to see her play the hole while tied for the lead, not 1 down after the shot of the century.

Either way, what is Tiger going to make on that hole in that situation?  Not a 6, I don't think.

Although I will add that when Tiger made his shot of the century (chip-in on #16 at the 2005 Masters), he promptly bogied the next two holes to fall into a playoff.  I think he hit his tee shot on #17 much too quickly, and it cost him.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 03:19:53 PM by Martin Del Vecchio »

Jason McNamara

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 06:24:27 PM »
She was sitting in the fairway on the 18th, facing an incredibly tough approach shot (for women) -- an uphill draw to a very tough green.
Why is this a harder shot for a woman?  Is it because they don't spin the ball as much?  In my experience more women can draw the ball than men.

Tougher to hold an elevated green?

Jay Flemma

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 06:27:48 PM »
"I do love me the taste of a good burger.  Do you know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in France?"

Jules: "They don't call it a quarter pounder with cheese?

Vincent: No, they have a metric system.

Jules: So what do they call it?

Vincent: ROYALE with Cheese!

Jules: Royale with cheese? Ha, ha!

Jules: What do they call a Big Mac?

Vincent: Big Mac is a Big Mac, but they call it LE Big Mac.

Jules: What do they call a Whopper?

Vincent: I don't know, I did not go into Burger King."

The above is totally from memory, after many, many viewings of Pulp Fiction, easily the best movie of all time.

Jay, we need to hook up, man. I'm in Jersey City. Between golf and Tarantino, we'll never stop talking.

Close voytek!  SInce I was quoting JULES...it was the sceme where he's interrogating Brett:

Jules:  You know what they call a 1/4 pounder with cheese in France

Brett:  No

Jules:  Tell him vincent

Vincent:  (from other room) Royale with cheese

Jules:  Royale with cheese!  You know why they call it that?

Brett:  Because of the metric system?

Jules (impressed)  check out the big brain on Breeeeeeeeett!

Lets play soon.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back