News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Cohn

Bay Area Masters weekend get together
« on: March 21, 2007, 02:40:11 AM »
I wanted to gauge interest in having a Masters-viewing get together for Bay Area GCA'ers, either Saturday or Sunday of Masters weekend. I'd vote for Sunday so that we could watch the lead-in of the 1960 tournament, although it would make for an earlier start.

I don't have a site or anything planned - just gauging interest at this point.

Matt

Tom Huckaby

Re:Bay Area Masters weekend get together
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 09:39:39 AM »
Matt - it's a hell of a great idea - we had a blast watching the final round after The King's Putter a few years ago.  But we were a captive audience that day....

Unfortunately this year the timing might prevent much interest in a get together.  You see, the final round this year occurs on Easter Sunday.  I can't imagine many of us with kids being allowed to venture off for a solo golf-related event that day.   :'(

Saturday would be possible for more people I'd guess.  But what's the fun of watching the third round?

PThomas

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 09:55:25 AM »
Matt - it's a hell of a great idea - we had a blast watching the final round after The King's Putter a few years ago.  But we were a captive audience that day....

Unfortunately this year the timing might prevent much interest in a get together.  You see, the final round this year occurs on Easter Sunday.  I can't imagine many of us with kids being allowed to venture off for a solo golf-related event that day.   :'(

Saturday would be possible for more people I'd guess.  But what's the fun of watching the third round?

reminds me of the time in the past when the final round fell on Easter..someone pointed this out to Clifford Roberts, who then asked "Can't they move Easter?" ??? ::)
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 01:09:55 AM »
Bump. In that case, anybody want to come into the city (SF, that is) and watch the Masters with me?

:)

ed_getka

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 01:15:48 AM »
Matt,
   I don't think I can get out of the house, but if you want to watch out here with me in Pleasanton you are more than welcome. Plus my wife is a good cook, so you have that going for you too. :)
   What Tom mentioned about the King's Putter was very cool. I'll never forget Tiger's pitch on #16 falling in the hole with us all watching together.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 07:36:59 PM »
Matt,
   I don't think I can get out of the house, but if you want to watch out here with me in Pleasanton you are more than welcome. Plus my wife is a good cook, so you have that going for you too. :)
   What Tom mentioned about the King's Putter was very cool. I'll never forget Tiger's pitch on #16 falling in the hole with us all watching together.

.....whilst overconsuming Portland's Peter Pittock's plentiful Pinot Noir!  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back