News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Nugent

Re:The most expensive public not top 100 courses..
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 01:11:19 AM »
Jay -- the first course at Pelican Hills opened 1991.  Played it there in late November that year, paired by chance with a guy who early in the round let me know he was a member at ANGC.  Think the second course opened a year or two later.

Doug Siebert

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 02:37:39 AM »
So using Jim Nugent's rating method, is there a course out there that's a better value than Wild Horse?
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Jim Nugent

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 06:45:23 AM »
Doug, pretty sure that residents get a season's pass for all the courses at St. Andrews, including TOC, for 115 pounds sterling.  While John may have meant only U.S., hard to believe anywhere in the world can top that value deal.  

Jay Flemma

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 07:31:16 PM »
Jay -- the first course at Pelican Hills opened 1991.  Played it there in late November that year, paired by chance with a guy who early in the round let me know he was a member at ANGC.  Think the second course opened a year or two later.

any odea what they are redoing?

David Stamm

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 07:47:58 PM »

any odea what they are redoing?

Jay, apparently they have been having drainage issues there. I heard that they be getting rid of 18 holes there and combining what's left, but I haven't been able to confirm this.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

David Stamm

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 07:55:53 PM »
Jay, I gave out false info to you. Here is a link describing what's going on.

http://www.pga.com/news/travel/pacific/pelican080805.cfm
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back