News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason McNamara

Re:Anybody for whiskey creek in MD next friday?
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2007, 10:14:29 PM »

[Twin Lakes]
The older layout, the Lakes (1967), is a fun change of pace occasionaly for the better golfer and perfect for the higher handicapper.  The Lakes is more open with fewer hazards that come into play -- only three holes have significant trouble on both sides of the fairway -- but it has simpler green complexes and is less visually interesting.

I played the Lakes a couple yrs ago with my brother (shoots 90-ish) and my dad (110-ish), and while it was a fairly slow round, it was a nice afternoon on an enjoyable course with conditions and price both _very_ reasonable for being in a metro area.  

There was one good long slightly downhill par 3 in the trees... and one uphill par 4 (iirc) that sticks out because I was 160-ish out and the crew on the green wouldn't move even though they saw me.  Guess they were used to people coming up well short, but then I hit it to about 20 feet.  :-)

Great burgers as well.

Jimmy Chandler

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2007, 10:59:08 PM »

I played the Lakes a couple yrs ago with my brother (shoots 90-ish) and my dad (110-ish), and while it was a fairly slow round, it was a nice afternoon on an enjoyable course with conditions and price both _very_ reasonable for being in a metro area.  

There was one good long slightly downhill par 3 in the trees... and one uphill par 4 (iirc) that sticks out because I was 160-ish out and the crew on the green wouldn't move even though they saw me.  Guess they were used to people coming up well short, but then I hit it to about 20 feet.  :-)

Great burgers as well.

The par 3 you remember may be #11, which plays around 180 from the whites, with trees left and water right and short (though there is room to bounce the ball into the green).  Anything right tends to bounce right into the hazard.  A very tough hole, especially when it plays into the wind, and the middle of by far the toughest 3-hole stretch on the course.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 11:48:53 AM »
Might I reccomend you guys to drive straight to National Airport and get on a plane to any place in the south or Southwest.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2007, 06:47:14 PM »
that comes next week at bulls bay

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2007, 09:17:06 AM »
Jay: They are predicting rain and temperature in the 40s for Friday - I don't do golf in the rain and 40s unless I am by the sea.  Will do dinner or drinks, but not golf.  Let me know your thoughts.  

Jay Flemma

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2007, 03:08:45 PM »
I talked with some of the other guys too and everyone sems to think a postponement makes sense.

I also have to stay here because of work on a film shipping at the end of the month.  Why dont we aim for the second weekend in April...15th ish...we can celebrate getting our taxes done:)

And you know what?  If I remember right - and I do - when I played the exact same weekend the course was cold, wet and dormant.  now I like dormant, but I couldn't see the shaping as well as when the course was in bloom.  So with an extra few weeks, she'll be even more ship-shape.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 03:14:59 PM by Jay Flemma »

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2007, 03:31:54 PM »
I look forward to it.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »
I look forward to it.

I do too Jerry.  I want to hear how much you liked Blackstone!

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 05:44:28 PM »
Jay, sorry abbout the weather. You should have played on Thursday. At least you are not in the VA. mts.  I am at my cabin where we got 5 inches of snow!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 05:46:18 PM by Tommy Williamsen »
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Jay Flemma

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
Ahh...you didn't hear what happened!  Sony called me on this film we have coming out and said "we have London in town friday, we need you at 3PM for a meeting to get some things ironed out."

Whole trip canceled...the whole weekend shot to heck.

Then what happens?  I get a call at 2:40 today...its snowing, we have to cancel.

So I'm stuck here..in the snow...good things there's basketball.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back