News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

SL_Solow

Re:Bandon Trails course profile is posted
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2007, 04:24:57 PM »
To me, the real "one trick pony" would be an architect who moves enough dirt on each site to make the courses look and play the "same" regardless of the property.  I haven't seen one who goes quite to that extreme but there are some who come close. As for the classical architects, even Mac/Raynor  adapted their template holes to the existing terrain so as to make them interesting to compare and contrast.

Matt MacIver

« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2007, 06:42:35 PM »
I've said before that I just might favor BT slightly over the others.  It's all there in front of you (oops, is that wrong?).  

And as I think about the three courses and the ONE SHOT I would most like to re-play, it's a majestic drive from #14 for eagle.  I could hit that green...with just a small bucket.  Maybe.  

But if I could only play one course on my next visit, it would probably be PD, then BD and then BT.  I like the views - so sue me.  

PS: Love the B&W for the contouring; love color for the...screensaver!

Norbert P

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2007, 02:33:58 PM »
Thanks Ran. Once again you've enriched the database of world golf architecture. You are as irreplaceable in this medium of the internet as Paul Daley is in books.

I love the black and white and those bunker images seem that they could have been taken directly from Tom Simpson's "Architectural Side of Golf".  Kudos to Jeff Bradley, who, if I ever meet him again, will be asked to autograph that book. (Though he was reluctant to sign my Talking Stick hat.)

I agree that Bandon Trails is in the elites of the world for design. Whether that resonates with the vox populi, only time will tell, but Ran, your opinions are like those written by a Supreme Court Justice to foundate the truth.

"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back