News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

Re:Photos Of The Glory Of The Shore Course at MPCC
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 12:22:45 AM »
Gentlemen,

Today we held the Boys and Girls Club of the Monterey Peninsula Invitational, on both the Shore and Dunes Courses. Good weather and an abundance of good Tour players.

V.J. Singh broke the Shore Course record with a sizzling 64.

Bill Murray, nursing a sore head after the Bears loss in Miami, failed to get the plane here in time to tee it up with our group but with Barry Jaeckel, my good friend Andrew Whitacre,  a former Fighting Illini golfer playing lights out and shooting a four under off a two handicap, assured us third place in the money.  

Davis Love has a scholarship fund out here and three young women received an assurance that could attend college. One girl was an African -American, the other two were Hispanic. One of the latter was a young lady whose parents were field workers, who had never finished middle school. She was on her way to the University of San Diego. My only wish is that I wish we could all do something, through our golfing contacts to do such good works.

Bob  

John Kirk

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 10:55:02 AM »
Bob,

It's been surprisingly mute after your last post.  Congratulations on hosting another successful Monday event during tournament week.  I can tell how much you enjoy this event.  Sounds like the highlight of your golfing year.

Although nice yesterday, looks like there may a touch of Crosby weather this weekend.

ed_getka

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 01:26:47 PM »
It is great to see the Boys and Girls Club benefit from the game we all love. Just one more reason I hold Bob in such high esteem.

John K,
    Have you been to Monterey? There are rock outcroppings like that all over the place. One may not think that a tee looks good on a pile of rocks, but it's hard to say the rocks look out of place since I am pretty sure they preceded the golf course.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tom Zeni

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2007, 06:12:01 PM »
Bob,

Though you don't seek it, congratulations on another year of effort on behalf of the Boys and Girls club. Kudos!

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007, 09:33:39 PM »
Tom,

I have just learned that we raised over $200,000.00 in our one day event, a new record.

Bob

Tom Zeni

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007, 09:37:09 PM »
Bob,

Bravo! Bellissimo !

tom...

David Stamm

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 11:18:59 PM »
Bob, that's great news on the money raised for the Boys and Girls Clubs. Kudo's!
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

ed_getka

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 12:16:12 AM »
If MPCC is coming up with 200K for the Boys and Girls Club at a one day event, then the PGA Tour needs to step it up. That's an amazing fundraiser Bob.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 03:16:53 PM »
Isn't the horizontal movement in the fairways at the Shore Course just fantastic?

Good lord, Bill...red vest green shirt!  Who dressed you, Socks the cat?

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2007, 03:19:47 PM »
Bob:

Well done with the fundraiser as always, and good "show" with your third place finish.

Jay:

What the hell is "horizontal movement in the fairways"?

Are we playing golf course architecture buzz-word bingo?

;D

Jay Flemma

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 04:56:01 PM »
The way a fairway s-curves around increasing the number of playable angles.

Look at the pictures posted of 10 and 15...

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2007, 05:07:53 PM »
I've played the course several times, Jay.

I still don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Can you speak in plain English instead of architectural jargon?

TH

ps - I am just giving you crap for the most part.  But you gotta admit 99.9% of all golfers would read those last two things and shrug in utter confusion.

Tom Zeni

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2007, 09:04:56 PM »
Call me crazy, but for as long as I've been playing golf, the horizontality of a hole is commonly known as a "dogleg."  

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 10:36:33 PM by Tom Zeni »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back