News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Gayne

Re:$51,000 for last place
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 05:49:07 PM »
Everyone in Ireland now watch Europen tour due to crap cources in the PGA Tour.

Sadly Tiger and Phil are th PGA Tours only assets.

Maybe my memory is foggy but name one regular European PGA Tour stop that has a better venue than:

Kappalula
Riviera
Pebble Beach
TPC Sawgrass
Westchester?

I'm basically interested in about ten to twelve tournaments a year. The five above, the four majors, Eastlake, and The Ryder Cup. Additionally there maybe one or two tournaments that might catch my fancy. That's plenty given all the other sports that I love to watch.

JR Potts

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 06:31:01 PM »
Everyone in Ireland now watch Europen tour due to crap cources in the PGA Tour.

Sadly Tiger and Phil are th PGA Tours only assets.

Maybe my memory is foggy but name one regular European PGA Tour stop that has a better venue than:

Kappalula
Riviera
Pebble Beach
TPC Sawgrass
Westchester?

I'm basically interested in about ten to twelve tournaments a year. The five above, the four majors, Eastlake, and The Ryder Cup. Additionally there maybe one or two tournaments that might catch my fancy. That's plenty given all the other sports that I love to watch.

You have to add the Memorial.

JohnV

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 10:31:24 PM »
Add:

Harbour Town
Cog Hill
Colonial
Some of the Canadian Open courses

Steve Pozaric

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 10:59:56 PM »
Most importantly, Curtis received $51K for playing some really crappy golf.......wasn't he more than 20 over par?

He was +20 finishing last by 6 shots.  81-78-77-76 for a player that won a major a few years back and apparently has forgot how to be humble and doesn't appreciate those who have to earn a buck.   Its a complete disrespect of his profession, the fans, and the sponsors.  

I heard Vijay had some words for Curtis (who claimed he only had played 2 times in the last few months) about coming to a tournament unprepared.  Vijay spent the last 2 weeks in Hawaii getting ready for the tournament and the season.   At least he respects the word professional.

I am not a Ben Curtis Fan, but it seems harsh to say his poor play indicated a complete disrespect to many parties.  Other than his wins, it doesn't seem like he played well last year.  If nothing else, look what NBC said:
"Which Ben Curtis will show up for the Mercedes-Benz Championship at Kapalua? Will it be the Ben who finished no better than T20 in 23 tournaments or the Ben whose only two top-10's were both wins? The Ben whose ranking for most PGA Tour stats was in the triple digits or the Ben who won over $2.2 million and ranked 30th on the money list?"

Looks like "triple digit" Ben showed up, which I say with no disrespect intended.    If you rip on Curtis for +20, I think you should also get on Trahan for +14 to Dean Wilson at +10, after all Wilson was 24 shots behind VJ.
Steve Pozaric

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back