News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Hunt

GCA at Cornell
« on: January 08, 2007, 05:16:23 AM »
I have told about a GCA couurse at Cornell. Does anyone know any thing about it?

1.What state is Cornell in?

2.Is it Grad or Post-Grad?

3.How many years is it for?

4.What is the entry requirments?

5.Who could I get in contact with?

Thanks

Matthew Hunt

ForkaB

Re:GCA at Cornell
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 05:56:50 AM »
Matthew

To find out what you want, use the internet.  It's all there.  I'd suggest a Google search on "Cornell".

Also, work on your grammar.  Ellite American Universities such as Cornelll tend to be sticklers on proper writing.

Good luck

Rich

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 06:50:11 AM »
http://www.landscape.cornell.edu/
http://www.cals.cornell.edu/

Tom Doak posted recently about how to focus/major on GCA, he would know. While many graduate school days were spent at the course, I don't know the specifics of how to be a GCA. RTJ @ Cornell is a very nice but not great RTJ where each nine was built over 2 separate decades.

http://bigred2.athletics.cornell.edu/golf/

Oh yea, it is in central New York, which is 4 1/2 hours from NYC.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 03:25:48 PM by Mike Sweeney »

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 08:41:42 AM »

Tom Doak posted recently about how to focus/major on GCA, he would know.

Do you know wher I could get this Thread

ForkaB

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 09:20:54 AM »

Also, work on your grammar.  Ellite  American Universities such as  Cornelll tend to be sticklers on proper writing.

Matthew,

Really elite universities such as Cornell are also sticklers for spelling. See Rich about getting into Harvard and Stanford.  ;)

Mike

In the good old days, all you need was some decent board socres, some relevant extracurricular prowess and good spelling and two out of three wasn't bad....

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 09:36:06 AM »
I am pleased LSU had more of a live and let live policy.

SPDB

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 10:20:31 AM »

Also, work on your grammar.  Ellite  American Universities such as  Cornelll tend to be sticklers on proper writing.

Matthew,

Really elite universities such as Cornell are also sticklers for spelling. See Rich about getting into Harvard and Stanford.  ;)

Mike

In the good old days, all you need was some decent board socres, some relevant extracurricular prowess and good spelling and two out of three wasn't bad....

Rich:

Huh? Your list sounds like the modern criteria. I thought in the "good old days" all you needed was a "Gentleman's C," no?

George Pazin

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
Don't worry, Matthew, none of these geezers even remember what it was like to be 16.

I'll include some thoughts in the package I'm sending you.

:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Jim Nugent

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 12:36:31 PM »

Matthew,

I somehow think there were no accidental misspellings in Rich's post...

Garland Bayley

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 12:50:26 PM »
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=26948;start=msg508295#msg508295

Matthew,

As referenced by Rich, Cornell also likes self starters.  :)

Mike,

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply copy TDs post from the thread here instead of sending many off to read about JKs psychosis with respect to golf course ratings and his need to be right to the extent he will hide the truth from his wife in order to prevent being shown to be wrong.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

RJ_Daley

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 12:58:45 PM »
This generational exchange and encouragement by us geezers that Matthew do a little research on his own rather than use GCA.com as a google surrogate, really makes me stop a minute and wonder.  

We geezers who all had our own burning curiosities on a vast array of subjects at that age, and wanted to obtain information such as Matthew wondering about the curriculum and admissions (and location :o ) of Cornell; would have to go to the library and look it up.  Each time we were curious, we had to jump a bus, ride our bikes, walk or whatever, go to the physical library location and search the card catelog or periodical catelogue or use a rudimentary electronic house computer system to get the dewey decimal or stacks location of the material, etc etc. The velocity of our learning was at a snails pace in terms of what we had to go through to pull up the simplest of inquiries.  Yet, we learned...  ::)

Now, here is a fellow that has this stuff (as we all do) AT OUR FINGERTIPS!  And yet we are constantly asking questions of the treehouse collective, about rudimentary issues that any google or web search would turn up.  

But, don't feel bad Matthew, I for one couldn't spell then, can't spell now, and my grammar skills are a joke...  ;) ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 01:00:58 PM »
But, don't feel bad Matthew, I for one couldn't spell then, can't spell now, and my grammar skills are a joke...  ;) ;D 8)

RJ,

Do I remember correctly that you are an underpaid HS teacher?
 :-\
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

ForkaB

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 01:01:21 PM »

Matthew,

Jim

Actually, I never deliberately misspell (is that the correct spelling?).  I do have a lot of tyops, and occasionally (as in the case of "tyop" which when I serendipitously typed it 6-7 years ago, I fell in love...) I will let the accidents speak for themselves.

Boringly, however, neither "Ellite" nor "Cornelll" wqs one of them.  My "l" key must be stiuck......

Doug Wright

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 01:13:38 PM »

Matthew,

Jim

Actually, I never deliberately misspell (is that the correct spelling?).  I do have a lot of tyops, and occasionally (as in the case of "tyop" which when I serendipitously typed it 6-7 years ago, I fell in love...) I will let the accidents speak for themselves.

Boringly, however, neither "Ellite" nor "Cornelll" wqs one of them.  My "l" key must be stiuck......

Also, last I new yur name was Rihc... ;)

Matthew, You'll love Ithaca (I'm Cornell Law '78) now that Global Warming has rendered it defenseless.  :)
Twitter: @Deneuchre

RJ_Daley

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »
Garland, you do remember incorrectly.  ;) ;D

I was a donut eating adequately paid police officer.  Although in retirement, I did do some substitute teaching, which was fun.

Some of my police reports were a bit in the Yogi Berra style for syntax and grammar.  But, that left the defense attorney's wondering and scratching their heads....  ;) ;D 8) ::)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 09:17:21 PM »

I was a donut eating adequately paid police officer.  

Dick, I know this is going to be shocking, but they just tore down the Krispy Kreme store in Pensacola, and it won't reopen for five months.  :o

RJ_Daley

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 12:28:26 AM »
Bill, part of a new years reso and realization; I have come to realize that I have just been a donut slut and have to change my ways.  Donuts are crappy sugar laden death delivery systems.  Particularly the KK kind. (I actually never liked them)  Sure, donuts appeal on some level in the morning, with the wafting of fresh coffee in the air.  But, it is an illusion.  A siren call to cardiac infarction on the rocks.  I'm hitting the YMCA every other day, and seeing the donuts for what they are, a belt expander and golf score reducer that cause the sugary yips.

Now, a truly authentic sfogliadella or cannoli with a proper cup of coffee is a different thing entirely.  They are good for you.   ;) ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back