News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Stamm

Humewood-Top 100
« on: December 26, 2006, 12:37:06 PM »
I thought you all would find this interesting. This was emailed to me by Jon Spaulding and it was posted by Tom Macwood. (Tom, we miss ya!) Look at #25. Remember, the SA Open was just played here.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/opinionmacwood6.html
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Tom_Doak

Re:Humewood-Top 100
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 08:23:27 PM »
David:

I did notice Humewood on that list when I read it again not long ago.

I really liked the course, but not enough to include it in my own ranking of the top 100 in the world today.  There's some tough competition out there.  It might be the #2 course in South Africa, and if you had a system which tried to balance out the rankings geographically, it would be a contender on that basis ... but it was certainly not the equal of a course like Prairie Dunes.

Tom Roewer

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 10:53:24 AM »
Another interesting thing to me about that list (and right now i don't know all of the international courses), is that 3 from the USA are NLE - Lido, Laksers, and Timber Point. Does any of the original TP still exist on Long Island site that i see now?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 01:43:34 PM »
Tom:  Yes, there have been several threads about Timber Point.  A few of the holes still remain, including the par-3 "Gibraltar" out to a point.  But many others were changed so they could fit 27 holes into the site formerly occupied by 18.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back