News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Golf, Cowboy Rappers and Bob Crosby?????
« on: December 25, 2006, 05:08:35 PM »
On Jan 6th PBR (Professional Bull Riding) will debut on ESPN at Madison Square Gardens for 2007.
A friend and local golf professional has turned cowboy rapper and will debut as "Colt Ford" singing/rapping the new theme song.
I showed this to Bob Crosby Christmas Eve and explained to him that is nephew, (who was on the UGA Golf Team and finished 2nd in the State Am a few years back )is now riding the mechanical bull in the video.  This was a very special moment for Bob.
You can see it by downloading   www.mindzai.net/coltford/buckem.html
Jason Brown, a former pro at the River club in Atlanta is Colt Ford.  Also has a new reality show coming out a large golf pro/rapper.
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Bill_McBride

Re:Golf, Cowboy Rappers and Bob Crosby?????
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 06:39:16 PM »
This must be true, you couldn't make up this stuff!  ;D

Mike_Young

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 06:42:21 PM »
This must be true, you couldn't make up this stuff!  ;D
click on the site and wait

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 06:49:59 PM »
I had a hard time concentrating on Colt's rapping with those Georgia cheerleaders prancing around like that!

Great stuff.

Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 07:38:44 PM by Bill_McBride »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 11:42:48 AM »
Cowboy bull riders, golf pros, UGA cheerleaders, and rap noise... can that final battle of Armageddon be far off? ::) :-\

No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Brock Peyer

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »
Mike, when you told us about this during dinner at the Palm, I couldn't have imagined it would be so good.  We'll be seeing him all over TV in six months (let me know, I don't watch too much TV).  Dude is living the American dream.  That is great!!!

Mike_Young

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 10:52:10 PM »
Mike, when you told us about this during dinner at the Palm, I couldn't have imagined it would be so good.  We'll be seeing him all over TV in six months (let me know, I don't watch too much TV).  Dude is living the American dream.  That is great!!!
Brock,
I told you the guy was good.  A plus handicapper, rapper and cowboy....I think you will hear form him...
Mike

BCrosby

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 10:11:42 AM »
Christmas Eve was a study in contrasts.

It started with a nice, quiet visit with my parents. Then at Mike's house we are bombarded by a rap video featuring my nephew and four foxettes from UGA, played at jumbo jet decibel levels. Mike said it put him in the holiday mood. He meant it.

Next thing I know I am sitting next to my wife in our beautiful church in ATL. Everyone is singing Silent Night. It's all very moving. But me, I've still got Taylor's redneck rap rattling around in my head.

Someone please, make it stop.

Bob  

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 11:42:07 PM »
Mike - is Charlie doing any broadcasting for PBR? In March he said he might become their play-by-play guy. Anything happen?

Whitaker
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Mike_Young

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 07:45:07 AM »
Mike - is Charlie doing any broadcasting for PBR? In March he said he might become their play-by-play guy. Anything happen?

Whitaker
Mike,
Quite posible...biggest thing was that in interviews charlie is 6' 4" and these bullriders are all about 5'6" and 125 pounds...when they put the cowboy hat on charlie e looked huge and somebody was either going to stand on a box or have to sit behind a desk so ..I dont know....

TEPaul

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 08:12:28 AM »
A golf pro cowboy rapper and a state am hotshot riding a mechanical bull in a video?? This is cooler than golf course architecture and Fireball Roberts.

Only in America!

Mike_Young

Re: Golf, Cowboy Rappers and Bob Crosby?????
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 12:31:42 AM »
Colt Ford played the Grand Ole Opry Sat nite and had two encores....
www.coltford.com      golf and country rap

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back