GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Seeding to poa

<< < (4/5) > >>

Eric Johnson:
Doc,
How many Poa control products have been marketed over the years?  Now, how many have worked?

Bill,
I would recommend contacting Tom Huesgen or Jack Holt at PBGL.  The chipping green south of the PB driving range was seeded with Petersons creeping bluegrass fall of 1999.  It looked pretty good late spring of 2000 when I moved.  They will have some longer term opinions-observations on the seeded Poa annua var. reptans.

Also, there is a sod company out of Vancouver, BC that used to list Poa annua sod on their website.  I think the name is Boss Sod or Bos Sod.  Another, resource would be Tom Cook at Oregon State University.  He has probably seen more Poa annua and associated control products than all of us combined.

Lastly, Dr.(?) David Huff out of Penn State was collecting germplasm to initiate a Poa annua breeding program a few years ago.  I am not sure if this program is still active.  But he would be another source of information almost on the same level as Tom Cook.

Which project are you working on?

BTW, good luck with your search!

Doc:
Bill,
I will fax it to you today

EJ
I know exactly what you are saying and have seen the poa control products kill more bent than poa.  I get overly excited every time a new one comes out and can't help but wish I would be in on the millions that someone will make!!  ;D We will be testing Velocity at our club this season, so I will find out first hand if it works.  I say this every time a new product comes out, but this one does look very promising.

Doc:
Bill,
Did you get my fax? I know by then your descision will be made, but I will let you know how the product works this fall.  

Bill_Overdorf:
Doc, Yes indeed I did receive your timely fax and would like to thank you for same. I'm not typically rude and try to tend to matters in a timely fashion, but this time I failed. FYI, I have a message into Tom Cook at OSU with an inquiry about poa reptans and Velocity and the suitability and effectiveness of each. I will copy his to you upon receipt.

All the best, Bill

A_Clay_Man:
Bill- This weeks "superintendent news" has some great stuff on Dr. Huff and his vision for poa annua and it's heartiness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version