News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan_Green

Heads of State Residences and Golf Courses
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:21:04 PM »
I recently became aware that on the grounds of the Istana in Singapore there is a nine hole golf course. The Istana is the official residence of the President of Singapore. Seems like the perfect venue for two heads of state to get to know each other!

Is this a one of a kind in the World, or are there any other golf courses on the grounds of the residences of other Heads of State??

(Putting green at the White House doesnt count)

David Stamm

Re:Heads of State Residences and Golf Courses
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 12:24:04 PM »
Evan, I believe there is a single hole at Camp David. I think it's a par 3 of about 170 yds.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Mike Hoak

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 12:43:54 PM »
RTJ built the Camp David hole back when Eisenhower was in office.  It's a par 3 with three sets of tees.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 02:07:44 PM »
Ellesborough Golf Club was built on part of the Chequers Estate, which is the country retreat of the British Prime Minister: http://www.ellesboroughgolf.co.uk/ellesborough_golf_club.htm

The Prime Minister is not our head of state, but there is also a 9-hole golf course in the grounds of Windsor Castle, which you can often see when taking off from or landing at London Heathrow.  
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 02:09:29 PM by Mark_Rowlinson »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back