News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sven Nilsen

Re: Isn't Chambers Bay that rare bird..
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2015, 12:06:48 PM »
Miss the 7th at cb short, roll back down the fairway.  Miss the 9th at angc, same thing.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

William_G

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »
I was thinking the Masters all week...imagine if ANGC was baked out instead of super lush
It's all about the golf!

Benjamin Litman

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »
All of this reminds me of a Geoff Ogilvy observation that I posted around the time of the Masters: If ANGC were built today, tour pros would laugh at many of the holes and greens. Stacy Lewis got away with bashing Royal Melbourne because, though it should, it does not occupy the same position in the golf world as Augusta. Pros likewise get away with bashing Chambers Bay simply because it's new. I smiled when I saw the Prestwick green complexes in Sean's photo tour--they might actually have more humps and swales than those at Chambers Bay. 
"One will perform in large part according to the circumstances."
-Director of Recruitment at Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village in Rwanda on why it selects orphaned children without regard to past academic performance. Refreshing situationism in a country where strict dispositionism might be expected.

Steve Lang

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2015, 03:51:00 PM »
 8) ... THAT SHOULD HOST THE LADIES USGA OPEN, OR AT LEAST A REGULAR EVENT!
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

MCirba

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2015, 03:53:38 PM »
Benjamin,

I think that's a really good point as are several others and the comparison to ANGC is not nearly as incongruous as might appear through green-colored glasses.   Whatever the flaws are at CB, they can't be faulted for being timid.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back