News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Benham

Mountain Air CC - Aerial Photo
« on: November 08, 2006, 03:30:39 PM »
From an aviation website, a nice aerial of Mountain Air Country Club, fall colors and the runway.

Mountain Air CC
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 03:41:41 PM by Mike Benham »
"... and I liked the guy ..."

bakerg

Re:Mountain Air CC - Aerial Photo
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 04:08:35 PM »
Mike,

I saw that picture this morning as well.  I seem to be on that website more than this one these days.  The 380 vs. 787 threads seem to draw me in every time.

G.

Mike Benham

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 05:02:19 PM »
I always like the low approaches at Philipsburg / St. Maarten ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 09:35:30 AM »
Wow, that is spectacular, living in this part of the country I have wanted to get up there, but have not done so yet.  Maybe next year.

This just makes me want to get up there all the more.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Matt_Ward

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 11:15:38 AM »
I have played Mountain Air in Burnsville, NC twice and without question the setting is indeed unique.

You are playing golf in the clouds and the views of Mount Mitchell and the surrounding Smokie range is indeed worth seeing.

The golf by Scott Pool is a mixed bag. The dramatic change of elevation can be quite vexing and does take some sorting out in order to gauge correctly. Still plenty of good golf holes for those who don't mind the use of carts because the site is not very walkable -- save for Army Rangers or Green Berets !

The air runway is also quite neat.

mike_beene

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 10:36:47 PM »
Eating outside next to the runway is neat.The golf is miserably severe and squeezed in.There are a few astroturf tees,including the 10th which drops 210 feet.The last few holes climb back up.Enjoy the views but go to Mt Mitchell,Grandfather or Linville for golf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back