News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jerry Kluger

GCA GOLFBAGS ARE A GO - READ ON
« on: October 25, 2006, 03:32:05 PM »
Ran has seen and approved the embroidery so the golfbag is a go. The bag is the Sun Mountain Mini in silver - you can see it on their website - sunmountain.com - the banner as you see it above will be embroidered on two of the pockets in yellow with black shadowing, the flagstick and hole will be black with a red flag. (The Sun Mountain logo will not be embroidered on the bag)

Those of you who have committed to purchase the bag should send a check made out to me for $75.00 along with the address and phone number where you want it shipped. Overseas purchasers should contact me for payment arrangements and I will confirm with Sun Mountain that $25 US will cover shipping charges to your location.

My address is:  Jerry Kluger
                     6724 Landon Lane
                     Bethesda, MD 20817
                     (301)320-1212 (Home)
                     (301)257-1238 (Cell)
I will deposit the checks after I have received payment for at least 30 of the 50 bags that have been committed to.
I would appreciate it if you would email me at gcagolfbag@yahoo.com when you have mailed the check or if you have any questions.

Sun Mountain has the bags in stock so there should be no problem with delivery well before Christmas.

This is not a profit making venture for GCA or me or Ran - it is being done for the spirit of GCA - so you should continue to make separate contributions for maintenance of the site.

Jerry

Mike Nuzzo

Re:GCA GOLFBAGS ARE A GO - READ ON
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 04:44:07 PM »
Thank you Jerry.
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 08:38:41 PM »
I will continue to bump this up for a few days to give everyone a chance and to minimize the number of guys I have to contact.

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 08:55:40 PM »
Hi Jerry,

I'm interested and did a search to see if there were any pics of the final bag with the GCA logo.  I couldn't find any.

Did you by chance post what the final look would be like?  If not, what about the logo?

Thanks.
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:02:06 PM »
The bag will be embroidered with the logo as you see above without the green background - the silver bag can be seen on the Sun Mountain website.

George Pazin

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 11:28:11 AM »
Just put my check in the mail.

Super fast and dirty mockup:

(No box around the text, sorry about the poor image quality, I got it from their site.)

From their site:

Ultralight carry bag, weighs just 2.4 pounds, new for 2006.

7-inch, four-way oval top holds 14 to 16 clubs : Dual X-Strap® for a balanced carry : Stable, top-mounted leg mechanism with ultralight fiberglass composite legs : Five pockets include water-bottle pouch, velour-lined valuables pocket, full-length clothing compartment, ball pocket and accessory pouch : Matching rainhood

Thanks again, Jerry.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:38:17 AM by George Pazin »
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 11:52:53 AM »
My check is in the mail as well.

Thanks from me too!

RJ_Daley

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 07:43:39 PM »
Likewise, my check will go out in mail tomorrow.  This is really cool.  It is like being a member of a secret handshake society, and only the coolest 1500 or so golfers in the universe know what the hell GCA.com is... ;) ;D 8)

Thanks very much Jerry for bringing this project in on time and on budget. ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 02:21:22 PM »
Bump

SL_Solow

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 04:58:59 PM »
Sent yesterday.  Thanks again

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »
I just got confirmation Sun Mountain that we will be able to get the bags to the UK, NZ, FR and Austrailia for $100 shipped through the United States Postal Service - I imagine it will take a while to get to you but it will be done - Fedex, etc. would make the shipping cost alone near $100.

John Goodman

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 05:11:26 PM »
check sent - thanks Jerry

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 02:53:15 AM »
Will you be offering any larger, heavier, and generally more cumbersome cart bag at a later date? These look like they might trick me into walking a course. I just turned 27. I can't be dragging around the old sod on my own power any more. ;D
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 08:40:06 AM »
Tell you what Kyle - at your age you can carry one of these for yourself and one for an old guy like me.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 07:28:59 PM »
I have 20 checks in hand - there were approximately 50 commitments and I would like to place the entire order at once so please get the checks to me ASAP. I am expecting a fairly quick turnaround

Glen Rapoport

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 06:35:18 AM »
You should have mine when Cliff delivers several others.  Thanks for doing this.

Glen

Paul Carey

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 08:33:42 AM »
Jerry,

If anyone who ordered a bag changes their mind (meaning doesn't give you a check!) I am interested.

Paul

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 10:12:50 AM »
There is no limit on the bags until I have placed the final order for this year so anyone still interested can send me a check and they will get a bag.  The sooner I get all the checks the sooner I can place the order and guarantee delivery well before Christmas.

Don Dinkmeyer

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 06:09:39 PM »
Thanks for that clarification, as i did send a check ---

RDecker

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 10:25:25 AM »
It's in the government's hands now, Thanks Jerry.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 01:01:45 PM »
Sun Mountain has told me that they are starting the embroidery and should be shipping starting Monday via Fedex Ground for domestic shipments.

Anyone within the US who does not receive their bag by Thanksgiving should contact me and I will find out what has happened to your order.

Outside the US shipments are going via USPS and I can't tell you how long it will take to get to AU and NZ.

I can still place additional orders for those who have recently made a decision.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 11:57:01 PM »
Donate it to McConkey... ::)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 12:06:57 PM »
checks in the mail, from Cali, so hope it flies well.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back