News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ChipOat

Jim Finegan in the weekend Wall Street Journal
« on: October 21, 2006, 09:22:29 PM »
Page P6.

Nothing in the piece about golf architecture but Finegan has certainly written a bunch about the subject in his many books.

I'm kind of surprised that Tom Paul has never gotten Jim interested in posting on GCA.  Having listened to him for many hours in the past, I know he would add a lot of value to the Treehouse if he ever chimed in.

ward peyronnin

Re:Jim Finegan in the weekend Wall Street Journal
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 10:17:34 PM »
Seems Mr Finegan is too busy to post here- 10000 rounds of golf and authorship
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Tom Dunne

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 09:25:12 AM »
chipoat,

Very true, but to the best of my knowledge Jim does not own a computer. I am 99.9% sure he has never sent an email or surfed the Internet in his life. The guy is Old School  ;).

Put it this way: I played a round with Jim at Glen Mills last month and he was pretty much in awe of the directions I'd printed off mapquest to find the golf club. So funny...

JP Newport's little profile of him was spot-on. A nice read.... :)

wsmorrison

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 10:59:56 AM »
Chip,

Jim Finegan doesn't own a computer and only has heard of GCA.com through Tom, myself and a few others.  Despite all his voluminous writing, he still types everything on an old typewriter---an Underwood, I believe.

Tom Dunne is right.  Everything about Jim is Old School and a fine one at that.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:00:27 AM by Wayne Morrison »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back