News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ron Farris

The Fun Starts Here.....Bandon 4
« on: October 26, 2006, 01:13:59 PM »
Congrats to Tom, Jim, and all who become involved with the 4th at Bandon.  I drove by this sign this morning and couldn't help laugh.  

Notice the Scottish Highlanders, sheep, rabbits - all a part of golf?  I am not so sure about the donkeys.

All humor aside, I look forward to a return trip to Bandon.  Pacific was one of the more enjoyable rounds of golf I have had in my life.  Great job Tom and crew.

Aaron Katz

Re:The Fun Starts Here.....Bandon 4
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 01:46:05 PM »
Is that considered a template clubhouse?

Ron Farris

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 01:58:49 PM »
Aaron, with the success and vision behind Bandon I would never speculate on a template for anything.  However, I would consider anything done at Bandon as a great template - based upon what I have seen and experienced so far.

Jimmy Muratt

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 02:23:01 PM »
The architecture of the barn is simply stunning.  In the truest sense of CB Macdonald and Seth Raynor's style, note the straight lines of the roof outlining the side of the barn.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 03:29:52 PM »
Ron:

How perfect. I suggest you submit this to Mike Kreiser's team and maybe they'll do the clubhouse in this theme

Cary
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Garland Bayley

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 04:09:52 PM »
I thought it was to be a CB MacDonald template course. The barn would be a Bob Cupp/Langdon Farms template clubhouse.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tom_Doak

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 01:14:37 PM »
Ron:

I'm hoping the project will be that much fun.

As for the clubhouse at Old Macdonald, it will be at the edge of a new, small village which will be built north of the practice facility for the resort.  With any luck it will feel a bit like some of the Scottish courses where you play back to a small pro shop at the edge of town.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 03:58:06 PM »

As for the clubhouse at Old Macdonald, it will be at the edge of a new, small village which will be built north of the practice facility for the resort.  With any luck it will feel a bit like some of the Scottish courses where you play back to a small pro shop at the edge of town.

Sounds similar to the arrangement at Pacific.  I, for one, love cruising up to that little house and seeing the 18th green out there, looking so ominous.

What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back