News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

EA Sports Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:28:11 AM »
For those of you who have never seen The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island, this new video game has it and it's dead-on accurate.  They sent us a vhs tape of the the "flyover" hole introductions and it's absolutely amazing how well it's done.  My only gripe would be that it dosn't show elevation changes very well so you don't see the huge fall offs on No. 3 green, how elevated No. 11 green is and deep the waste area is in front of No. 16, etc.   I haven't seen the actual game yet (out copies haven't arrived yet), but visually, its stunning.

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

Re:EA Sports Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 10:57:14 AM »
BTW, here are the courses that are on the PS2 verion:
Pebble Beach, TPC at Sawgrass, St. Andrews, Harbour Town, Sahalee CC, Fancourt Links, Pasatiempo, Bayhill, Colonial CC, The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island, Riviera CC, The Falls, Aviara, The National, The K Club.

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:06:15 PM »
As one of the players of the old Links franchise, I always enjoyed their course work and it was the main reason I played the game.  The one thing I was let down with time and again, however, was the less than realistic ball dynamics on courses like The Old Course.  For most parkland style courses it was just fine, but only a few yards of roll on The Old Course didn't seem right.

I've only played the Tiger Woods variety once, on The Old Course, with winds in the 30-40 mph range.  I didn't care for all the cinematic stuff (it wore thin fairly quickly), but I was impressed with the way the playing conditions could vary.  On that occasion, I had to pay attention to the ground features or I was toast.  

Now that Links seems to be pretty much finished, it's good to hear that someone else is taking the reins and hopefully continuing the virtual game on the right track.

Also, I heard Bandon Dunes was included in the 2007 edition - is that the case or is it only available in one of the other console versions?

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 01:48:58 PM »
Bandon Dunes is on the xbox 360 and ps3 versions. I was about to get it for the PC untill I heard its the same exact game as last year. Go figure.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back