News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Burnham & Berrow Revisited New
« on: October 14, 2006, 05:53:25 AM »
I don't seem able to get enough of Burnham & Berrow.  Along with Porthcawl and P&K these are the closest links to my relatively landlocked English residence.  Approximately a 1.5 hour drive brings me to the 1st tee of these courses.  Among the three I play Burnham almost exclusively not only because I think it is the superior course, but also because Burnham offers a great deal.  £85 for a game on two days with b&b in the dormy house thrown in.  The club will cater for an evening meal and open the Snooker Room for dormy house guests.  

Ciao
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:29:27 AM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Mark Chaplin

Re:Burnham & Berrow Revisited
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 04:26:48 PM »
Sean, some nice photos of B&B, I certainly agree with your assessment of the par 3s all of which require a superb touch to save par from off the putting surface. I didn't know of the 2 days golf plus dormy house, that must be one of the UKs true golfing bargains. B&B and P&K have both held recent major amateur events yet manage to avoid the mainstream publicity which raises green fees, lets hope it stays that way.
Cave Nil Vino

Mark_F

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 05:58:27 PM »
Nice photos of a terriffic course Sean.

Interesting I think, that a number of lesser known links - Burnham and Berrow, Porthcawl, Royal Aberdeen, even Macrihanish - have a better set of par threes than a number (most?) of the Open rota courses or other famous links.

Burnham's are just fantastic.

Darren_Kilfara

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 06:17:46 PM »
B&B a superior course to Royal Porthcawl? I've played both once (a few years ago), and that certainly isn't the assessment I'd make from what I remember - B&B was great fun, but Porthcawl is in a different league...

Cheers,
Darren

ed_getka

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 03:48:31 PM »
Sean,
   Thanks for the photos and commentary. There is much to be learned about B&B. And that overnight deal certainly appeals to my tightwad nature. :)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back