News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

T.J. Sturges

Ran, Ward and Ted's excellent adventure...
« on: September 26, 2006, 02:26:07 PM »
Gentlemen,

We are off for Ireland tomorrow.  None of us are taking a lap-top, but I'm sure we will find internet access at a spot or two along our trail.  We'll do our best to report on our trip.  

First stop will be Royal Portrush, followed by 2 days at Royal County Down.  This is my first visit to Ireland, so I'm very excited.  

Here's hoping that Ran's game, the weather and our ability to overcome a hangover are on form for the next 8 days.

Cheers,

Ted

John Kavanaugh

Re:Ran, Ward and Ted's excellent adventure...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 02:28:09 PM »
Please note before the sounds of people falling out of their chairs echo across the country...It is not Matt Ward but Ward Peyronnin on the trip.  Good Luck..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 02:29:35 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 02:29:01 PM »
Ted - give Ran all of my curses - not just because he deserves such just for who he is and how he is  ;), but because he planned this trip and seemingly never gave a thought to seeing Castlerock, which is right there near Portrush and not only is a GREAT course, but is the home club of my cousin, the reigning club champion.  If you do have time to see the course, you won't regret it.  And ask for John French.  He is a truly great human being.

;D ;D

T.J. Sturges

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 02:35:57 PM »
It is indeed Mr. Ward Peyronnin.

Ran Morrissett

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 02:47:26 PM »
My hickories, steels and four dozen golf balls  :-\ are all packed.

In fact, the only thing I haven't packed are shots, which I shall receive as I see fit.

Being fair-minded, I merely define the right and just number of shots as being the amount required for a one up victory in any and every match.

Like Seve, my match play record is impeccable, even when -or if - my game isn't.

Cheers,

Ran

Noel Freeman

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 02:50:17 PM »
Ted-

Are you aware that if anyone defeats Ran and publicizes it they will be verboten from this site and all accounts of the victory lost to the dustbins of history?

If anyone beats Ran it will be denied!  In Australia I hear Ran's match play record is even viewed in context higher than Sir Don Bradman's whole career..!!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 02:50:36 PM by Noel Freeman »

John Shimp

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 03:05:27 PM »
Enjoy Royal County Down.  Let us know how you feel about the course overall but in particular the front nine.  To me, it is the best 9 I have played or know about.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 03:08:43 PM »
So, what you're saying is... that now is a good time to buy stock in Guinness.

A loaf in every pint...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Philip Gawith

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 06:36:38 PM »
You have to hope that the three musketeers are not a spent force by the time they make it to Hoylake where they will constitute three-eights of the mighty Goodale's team in the epic Buda Cup contest. ;)

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 06:41:21 PM »
Is that sounding like just THE ultimate road trip or what?

Damn La Nancy and her feminine guile. I'm sure I should be in Merseyside and not the Eastern Mediterranean this week....

Hohum, off to the airport we go.

FBD.

Edit - grasp of geography
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 06:42:12 PM by Martin Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Paul_Turner

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 08:41:08 PM »
Have a great trip!

Ran, if you can, get some nice pics of Portrush Valley...I'd be much obliged..particularly the 6th and 10th which look awesome.  Playing Belvoir Park?

Also if you can persuade the powers at Portrush to return "natural" undulation the 9th fairway on the Dunluce something went wrong there in construction (compare it to the 4th!)  ;)
can't get to heaven with a three chord song

David Stamm

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 09:01:08 PM »
Ted, Ward and Ran. Do your plans include playing Baltray (County Louth)? I hear it's great.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Ian Andrew

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 09:35:14 PM »
Has Ran one a single match yet this year? The victory roll has been very quiet and he certainly got drubbed in March!

T_MacWood

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 09:47:11 PM »
Good luck,..don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Josh Smith

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 10:32:20 PM »
Ran,

By my calculations... YOU GUYS NEED A FOURTH!!  I just used up my vacation, but I may have a sick day or two left.

Have a great time.  Take photos.

Josh

ward peyronnin

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 11:36:30 PM »
Gentlemen,

Our intent is to challenge Ran's reactions while trying to juggle rules and strokes simultaneously in a three ball match. Odds are either Ted or myself will get the best of that effort.

Mr Daley your graphic talents bring to mind some pub talk my brother, recently returned, shared with me towit  "Drinking a good glass of Guiness is like sipping an orgasm".

Best
Ward P
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back