News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jari Rasinkangas

How to protect ground water
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:56:19 PM »
I have new project where the whole course will be on sandy soil.  The problem with the site is that the ground water is used by the local waterworks.

Do you have any information about the technological solutions to protect the ground water and what would be the cost for it?

Jari

Mike_Sweeney

Re:How to protect ground water
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 06:40:31 PM »

John Nixon

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 08:12:22 PM »
If by "local waterworks" you mean a nearby public water system, the state, the local government or the system (or all three) most likely has some regulatory measures in place to protect the water supply. I would start by inquiring at the public water system.

Doug Bolls

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 11:59:42 PM »
Jari - I recommend you contact a LA in the DFW area - Howard Garrett - He has a substantial history in the use of organics and promoting the natural environment.
www.dirtdoctor.com
Doug

Steve Lang

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 09:11:38 AM »
 8)

Define the hydrogeological domain from public records, i.e., well logs, environmental studies, regulatory investigations..  

1. are you upgradient or downgradient from the waterworks?
2. what elevation within the "sand" aquifer is the waterworks taking its water from?
3. are you going to establish your own pumping wells?  where are you going to put them and how much water are you going to use?

if you can't answer the above, retain a hydrogeologist to establish your site's baseline conditions and judge operational impacts from your own groundwater use..

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back