News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Sub Air System in Souther Florida
« on: September 08, 2006, 05:38:03 PM »
Are their any advantages to installing a Sub-Air System in southern Florida?

We are south of the frost line here in Jupiter and have Tifeagle greens
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Bryan Tipton

Re:Sub Air System in Souther Florida
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:25:03 PM »
Cary:

With the sub air system you have the capabitlity to push air into a green or draw air into the soil profile.  Sometimes they are beneficial if the green is saturated and drying out the profile is needed.  To install the system drain tile needs to be already present.  Sometimes on well drained sites builders leave out the tile.  Older course where also built without drain tile.  Surface drainage was used.  Portable units are available that can be transported to each green and hook up to the drain tile like a hose is hooked up to a quick cplr to water the green.  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 08:30:31 PM by Bryan Tipton »

Don_Mahaffey

Re:Sub Air System in Souther Florida
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 10:17:38 AM »
Cary,
With sub air it's always a cost/benefit deal as it's not cheap.
But, if you have the $$$ you can count me in as a super who would love to have a sub-air system anywhere it rains a lot, or if your trying to grow a grass at the edge of it's survival range...bentgrass in the deep south.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back