News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

It Gets Better Every Year
« on: September 07, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »
As the years pass, I can't help but acknowledge how much my life has evovled from experiencing this web site. Most of the really geeky stuff just seems to get better and better.

Today, I was allowed the privledge to accompany a course owner, on a tour of his backnine, with one of the great artisans of the craft, Dan Proctor.

For those who don't know, Dan teams with Dave Axland, they are otherwise known as The Bunker Hill Boys. Courses which bare at least one of their marks, are just too numerous to lists. But off the top of my head are; Sand Hills, Riviera, Wild Horse, Ballyneal, Colorado Golf Club and their recent project in Georgia, Blue Ridge __?__ to be completed next year.

Dan was looking to punch-up the owner's backnine, by suggesting a few strategically placed bunkers. Watching the procesies of the artist, was thrilling in the geekiest sense. the marrying of the practical with the art was also evident. (i.e. Drainage Drainage Drainage)

But the moment that was worth the price of admission was when Dan, went over to this most subtle of inclines (mound; not really) and made the comment about using it as the starting point for his work.

Now, I think I'll go write Ran a check, for my continued use of his insightful cyberspace.

Thanks Mate!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 09:30:03 PM by Adam Clayman »
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

RJ_Daley

Re:It Gets Better Every Year
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 09:40:42 PM »
Adam, what is cool about living in Oga is having a guy like Dan live in the next pony express stop east of you in Pax.  While Dan lives as the nomad, as do his fellow artisans of the dozers over the ground, I'm sure you will get to see him in his home time and play some good golf as your time in Oga passes.  You lucky stiff!  ;D

I take it, Dan was looking over Corey's back 40.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Adam Clayman

Re:It Gets Better Every Year
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 11:12:49 PM »
Yep, Ol' Marty Johnson's 98' masterpiece.

Dan was impressed with the elasticity Marty employed. Building all those mounds, allowed for some future visionary to come in and dig out bunkers at their base. ;)

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back