News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

This weekend's edition of the Financial Times contains their September supplement magazine -  "How To Spend It."

The cover story by John Gibb is titled "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Golf." It is about the development of both the Liberty National and Bayonne GC courses. It also mentions the development of a 700-acre site in Rutherford, west of Jersey City, that intends to build 2 courses in the next 3 years. Brownfield Golf (www.brownfieldgolf.com) is the developer.

Ryan Farrow

Just looked at that brownfield golf website, good stuff.
I also so a proposed project for Forrest Richardson to develop a course 2 miles from downtown Phoenix. Is this still possible or has it been scrapped?

The development is called Del Rio:

Here is some more info: http://www.brownfieldgolf.com/del_rio.htm

I have a good feeling there is going to be more and more of this stuff in the future, get used to it.

Steve Lapper

This weekend's edition of the Financial Times contains their September supplement magazine -  "How To Spend It."

The cover story by John Gibb is titled "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Golf." It is about the development of both the Liberty National and Bayonne GC courses. It also mentions the development of a 700-acre site in Rutherford, west of Jersey City, that intends to build 2 courses in the next 3 years. Brownfield Golf (www.brownfieldgolf.com) is the developer.

David,

Remember NOT to believe everything you read. Those 700ac in the nearby meadowlands won't likely see a tee shot for quite a while. Also, the PR bull that has been proferred on behalf of LN (inc. some printed in places like the NYT and WSJ)coupled with $4 will get you a latte from any Starbucks. :o ::)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 02:20:59 PM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Pete Stankevich

Steve is right about the Meadowlands project.  It's going to be a long haul before there's golf being played there.  I was design associate for Roy Case (the golf course architect on the Meadowlands, Sunbeam, and Wildcat brownfield projects) in the mid-1990's and he's been chipping away at the Meadowlands project for at least 7 or 8 years I believe.  Lots of issues there, obviously.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 04:56:21 PM by Pete Stankevich »

David_Tepper

Upon further reading, there are two other golf-related articles in this weekend's FT.

Tim Yeo's column on page 11 of the FT Weekend section mentions Westward Ho! and the Dirleton course at Archerfield, as well Sentosa, a course in Singapore. He highly recommends the "Pocket Guide to Golf Courses: Ireland," published this week by Beckenham Press.

Mrs. Moneypenny's column on page 8 of FT Magazine covers her husband's infatuation with the "magical links" of Machrie on the island of Islay.  

Brian_Ewen

David
Can you read Mr Yeo's weekly column without  ::)

That Greg Turner is associated with "Pocket Guide to Golf Courses: Ireland" , should make it worth looking out for .

Tony_Muldoon

Brian I haven’t read that many of his columns. I stopped after he recommended playing golf against Cabinet Ministers as they always had enough security people with them to enable a couple of free forecaddies. ;D
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back