News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Aspen, Colorado: Spring Valley by Coore and Crenshaw
« on: September 01, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »
Anybody have any information on this course? Supposed to start construction 2007 or before. Location?
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Jim Franklin

Re:Aspen, Colorado: Spring Valley by Coore and Crenshaw
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 03:08:12 PM »
Aspen? ;)
Mr Hurricane

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 03:13:55 PM »
Aspen: That's what their website says!!
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Matt_Ward

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 04:01:47 PM »
Can someone outline where the course is located?

I would think, from my knowledge of the Aspen area, that the city boundaries are all but tapped out for housing and the like.

Likely, the course is situated in the northern areas but that's only a guess on my part.

ChasLawler

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 04:05:14 PM »
I don't know anythng about this course, but my guess is that this will be located north of Carbondale - closer to Glenwood Springs than Aspen. The "Aspen" location probably just sounds better.

Kirk Gill

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 04:45:24 PM »
Spring Valley (actual place) is, in fact, north of Aspen and southeast of Glenwood Springs, off of Hwy 82 near the Ironbridge Club. But just because there's an actual place in the area called Spring Valley doesn't necessarily mean that they'll BUILD it there.

It is BEAUTIFUL country.
"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

Kirk Gill

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 04:56:15 PM »
Well, I suppose that depends on what melts your butter, Redanman sir !

Let's just say this - in the mountain areas of Colorado, that little area there, around Carbondale and down over McClure pass is one of my favorite parts of the state, speaking aesthetically, of course.

Colorado DOES lack for ocean front views, however. And apparently filling in Kansas is not an option.
"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

james soper

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 04:56:52 PM »
It is BEAUTIFUL country.

Is it prettier than seaside?

is sand hills prettier than seaside?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 04:57:48 PM by james soper »

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 05:13:55 PM »
Cary

I seem to remember that this project was supposed to be developed with another name and architect. I think the project went under and the new developer has brought in C&C. Why not call C&C's office and see if they have any contact info.

Is this the property?:

Sanders Ranch Holdings LLC -- filed for bankruptcy reorganization Aug. 20 in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Austin. LinksVest LLC, which owns 90 percent of Sanders Ranch, also filed for bankruptcy protection, claiming more than $11 million worth of debt.

Sanders Ranch owes its largest creditor, PNB Financial Corp. in Austin, about $11 million, according to court filings. The developer's second largest creditor is JRJ Investment Fund Ltd. in Austin, which is owed $2.3 million. Both lending firms' claims are listed as secured.

The developer's only significant asset is the pristine land it owns about 35 miles north of Aspen. The 281-acre plot, valued at $20 million, is within Colorado's Roaring Fork Valley.

LinksVest has had plans -- and the permits -- to develop a resort community on the property for at least a year. Plans include 50 single-family homes, 200 multifamily units and a proposal to create one of the Colorado's most exclusive golf clubs, with memberships restricted to fewer than 350 and priced at $105,000.

Have you looked into Brightwater(RTJ2) or Adams Mountain(Weiskopf)www.aspentimes.com/article/VD/20060421/GOLF/60421002/-1/RECREATION02

Steve
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 05:19:19 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

mike_beene

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 11:16:07 PM »
Pueblo

Doug Ralston

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 11:49:30 PM »
Mountains are clearly the 'chosen' Land of God. Why else did he put them closer to him, eh?

Doug

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back