News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Re:Cheap Hotel's in Bandon
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 12:38:41 PM »
J - Chrome Lake and Lily Pond are pretty much interchangeable.  I've stayed in both.  Lily Pond is a little closer to main lodge, but the vans run constantly so that's not much of an issue.

If money is the only issue, you can likely work it out to save a little even with the reduced green fees and replay rates - you just stay at that $38 per night place!

It is VERY convenient and fun to stay on-site though.  I'd highly recommend it if the money is even close.  Rolling out of bed and onto the first tee is pretty fun.

TH

Garland Bayley

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 02:50:32 PM »
from http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/rustic.shtml

State parks have hot showers in a separate building.
Some of the parks such as Umpqua lighthouse and Honeyman are not too far away.
Also Tugman and possibly Harris Beach.
Bullards Beach is right at Bandon.
Sunset Bay is right by Coos Bay.

RUSTIC YURTS

Rustic Yurts
Itīs round (16ī in diameter), filled with comfy furniture, and pointy on top. Yurts … a quickly-growing national phenomenon that broke in to the public camping scene right here in Oregon.

Features
Sleeps 5
Futon sofa (converts to a double bed)
Single/double-sized bunk bed
Coffee table
Heat
Lights
Electricity
Outdoor fire pit and picnic table
Venting skylight
Locking door
Really cool

You Bring
Bedding
Food
Dishes
Basically the usual camping stuff EXCEPT for the tent or RV …

Rate
$27-30 a night

To Reserve
Call 1-800-452-5687 up to 9 months ahead

Coastal parks with yurts
Beachside
Beverly Beach
Bullards Beach
Cape Lookout
Devilīs Lake
Fort Stevens
Harris Beach
Honeyman
Nehalem Bay
South Beach
Sunset Bay
Tugman
Umpqua Lighthouse
Washburne
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 02:55:35 PM by Garland Bayley »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Dan Kelly

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 04:43:24 PM »
...around the Bandon area.

Does anybody have any information on some cheap hotels in the Bandon/Coos Bay area?

Just call and say: "I am Jordan Wall."

They might pay you to stay there!
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Brad Klein

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 05:08:56 PM »
Thanks to certain GCA posters, including one Jordan Wall, the hotel/motel room rates up the road in Florence offer considerable bargains by comparison with Bandon.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 08:20:56 PM »
Plus - Florence has its own Fred Meyer  ;)

We stayed at the Inn at Face Rock in 2001 and loved it.  They have bikes you can use, and it has a great beach.  Lots of agates if you like that sort of thing.

Ultimately, I preferred the Lily Pad rooms at the resort.  Very clean, awesome showers, and the best beds I've ever used.   To me, it was as good as a golf resort gets - pure golf, comfortable room with a fireplace, and great staff.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 08:26:51 PM by Dan Herrmann »

Brad Klein

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 09:14:08 PM »
Dan, don't dis it, that Fred Meyer has its own Starbucks, and they open at 6 a.m. on Sundays!

JohnV

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 10:29:21 PM »
One place I've stayed at a couple of times is the Sunset Motel.  They have all kinds of different rooms for prices as low as $60.00 a night.  They are on the cliffs overlooking some of the scenic rocks just southwest of downtown.

Check them out at:

http://www.sunsetmotel.com/

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006, 08:15:09 AM »
Dan, don't dis it, that Fred Meyer has its own Starbucks, and they open at 6 a.m. on Sundays!

Brad - I actually love Fred Meyer.  It's a unique retail experience, and I miss it.   I still remember buying 12 dozen Titleist Pro Traj's at Freddies with the Fred Meyer Challenge logo for about $5 per dozen.

Stan Dodd

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2006, 10:28:59 AM »
I would recommend the Yurts at Bullards Beach State Park, if you can get one.  I have stayed in them 3 times and they are really nice.  You are 1 mile from the entrance to the resort, 1 mile to the grocery store. They are clean, comfy and inexpensive and give a different experience than the golf resort.
I have reserved them for this coming April for the PG High golf team's trip this year.
Cheers
Stan

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2006, 10:32:27 AM »
Are the Yurts private or are they communal...

Stan Dodd

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2006, 10:57:17 AM »
The Yurts are located throughout the park.  Some are in private setting like the campsites.  There are 4 Yurts that are in a group camp.  Each Yurt has a bunk bed and a futon.  You supply the sleeping bag. The bathrooms and showers are clean and located centrally in each section of the park.
It is a great way to go if you are cheap like me .

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back