News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

david h. carroll

I was amazed at how good they were and how they remind me of nothing like any other Fazio greens I've seen....great greens within greens, countours, slopes, integration into the land, etc.

Are they good only because he copied what was done on the big course or is this kind of work actually in him?

JESII

Re:Are the green complexes on the Short Course at PVGC Fazio's best?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 02:27:18 PM »
He may very well have this kind of stuff in him, but the work on the majority of those holes are really just copies of what's on the big course.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 02:37:54 PM »
How about the green complex's at Galloway and  Sage Valley?
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Jim Franklin

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 03:32:20 PM »
Cary -

I told DC that Sage Valley had some pretty interesting greens as well as Dallas National and Victoria National. Faz has it in him, he just doesn't always let it out. It has been such a long time since I played Galloway that I need to get back.
Mr Hurricane

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 03:32:48 AM »
He may very well have this kind of stuff in him, but the work on the majority of those holes are really just copies of what's on the big course.

Do you mean a 1 to 1 copy? If so then your disdain maybe justified. If however you mean he has copied the style and feel of the main course then this would seem to me to be the reason for such a small course , to give players a taste of the main course

JESII

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 11:16:46 AM »
Jon,

I have no disdain for Tom Fazio, especially as related to the short course at Pine Valley. The answer to your question though is that 7 or 8 of the 10 holes on the short course are copies of holes on the big course, and intended to be as close as possible. In that sense I would say they did a hell of a job because the similarities go right down to the shrubbery, and tiny little bunkers PV is known for.

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 01:29:23 PM »
Somewhere has to be...
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 01:32:46 PM »
Jon,

I have no disdain for Tom Fazio

JES II,

I never said you did

JESII

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 02:26:29 PM »
Jon,

I have no disdain for Tom Fazio

JES II,

I never said you did

That's fine, your response #4 seemed to imply that though. No worries.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back