News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re:Bandon Trails: " a decent resort course"
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2006, 03:31:58 PM »
I'll try but it isn't easy.  :P

1960 Pebble Beach - 6 of 10 rounds

2006 Pacific Dunes - 4 of 10 rounds

The transportation might be difficult!

Both courses - Doak 10s.

McBride 18s -- this means I have a very clear memory of each individual hole.  ;D

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2006, 06:25:23 PM »
Bill - now you've got it.  4/10 for PD certainly makes sense.  And considering what the other 6 are being played it, that is very,very high praise.

TH

Raphael_Larson

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2006, 07:29:19 PM »
And as for a greater golf experience, I will cite Pebble Beach and be very confident in that assessment.  But then again I have never paid $500 to play there, and never will. But careful basing this on price... before too long the two courses will be very comparable.  Count on it.

For my first trip to Bandon in August 2001 greens fees were $120, they are currently $185.  They have slowly crept up to their current level over the past five years.  While recognizing that the past is not the best predictor of the future, an approximately 50% increase over 5 years would make the greens fees in 2011 roughly $285.  That's still a long way short of Pebble fees.  

Besides the amazing golf, part of Bandon's appeal is the lack of pretention.  Regardless of amenities, a $300+ green fee will, in my opinion, increase the prentiousness creep at the resort exponentially.    

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 07:29:51 PM by Raphael_Larson »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back