News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andrew Summerell

Re:Spiders in Australia and New Zealand
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2005, 08:21:12 PM »
As an Australian, I have never seen a snake or been bothered by a spider in my 25 years of playing golf, & that's all over the country.

Jason & Laura,

Just come down here & play some damn golf. If you have the opportunity & choose not to, you will look back in a few years time & regret the fact that you didn't.

Andrew

Paul_Daley

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2005, 06:56:45 AM »
Spiders certainly do exist Down Under, but you have more chance of being bitten by a Rock-Spider on the botty, than a real live creepy-crawler on the ankle.  :o

No offence to the old strummer from THE WHO!

blasbe1

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2005, 01:16:07 PM »

Golf is more important than spiders and snakes.

Just for the record, Laura has no problem with snakes. :)

Buck Wolter

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2005, 01:51:59 PM »
Having been to Australia and met more than my share of Aussies I'm always fascinated by the discussions of each others wildlife.

I'll invariably ask about the snakes, crocodiles, jellyfish, sharks and other seemingly evil creatures that abound and they'll want to hear about skunks. For some reason almost all Australians I've met are freaked out by the idea of skunks.

Since this topic has taken a turn for the worst I'll chip in with my favorite Australian joke.

What's the definition of a gay Australian?

A guy who likes women more than beer.

Buckley (Full name for you Aussies)

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Matthew Delahunty

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2005, 08:40:37 PM »
Buck,

A variation on that is the guy called the "WOMBAT" (Women Over Mates Beer And Television)

Danny Goss

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2005, 06:42:24 PM »
I dont want to unnecessarily worry your wife but......... yesterday whilst out running on a beautiful sunny afternoon I came across a 1.5m tiger snake sunning itself on the jogging track not far from home. I reckon it moved back into the scrub faster than I moved past it but - we do have them down here!
The track does wind through a wetlands area and there are signs but nevertheless   :o

James Bennett

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2005, 07:00:56 PM »
A wombat is known for its daily habits.  Apparantly a male wmabat eats roots shoots and leaves.  Female wombats want more than this.

Oz blue humour ;D
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Chris Kane

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2006, 11:53:24 AM »
There was a spider crawling on my bathroom floor in St Andrews last night.  I guess Scotland is out!

RJ_Daley

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2006, 10:07:42 AM »
The last words on this subject....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6745738388130190876

"Snakes on a Plane"!!!  :o ::) ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:09:24 AM by RJ_Daley »
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back