News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

MargaretC

Re:US Womens AM -- Why no comments here?
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 04:27:11 PM »
JohnV

Thanks for the info.

Your comment: 3) An official who is not a referee during match play should keep his mouth shut unless asked for a ruling or to settle a claim.  In match play without a referee, it is up to a player to watch his opponent and nobody else should interfere.

Curious -- why the difference in match play?

Question re your match play explanation:

1) In the match play situation you describe, isn't the official who observes a violation, but is not the referee of the match obligated to inform the match referee after the violation?

MargaretC

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 04:39:16 PM »
Glen Spencer

Your comment: if they have enough gall to go to the official in charge afterward, they certainly have enough to say something to me

I agree.  Hard to say what makes some folks tick -- I have little/no respect for persons who choose not to stand-up and be counted.  

Peter_Herreid

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 05:48:04 PM »
To get this back to the architecture a bit, it never fails to amaze me how much more prominent those bunkers on #17 look from an elevated angle (crane, blimp, glider ;), etc.) than from the ground.  They never seem to bother me as much playing, even when I can't avoid them, but from the air---yikes!

To tie together with our esteemed youngster's thread, I love Witch Hollow as a matchplay course, as has been borne out in multiple high-level tournaments, and in a sense, the playoff for the 2003 Women's Open.

I, speaking only as one member, would be very comfortable with periodic visits from the Mid-Ams, Senior Ams, Women's Am, local and regional PGA events, etc...

Without significant alternations, I just don't seeing Witch Hollow being able to test the higher level men in the ways that the PGA and USGA seem to want to in the future.  Not the least of which would be how to narrow the fairways (not that I am saying I would do that!--it just is one of the knee-jerk ways some consider) with the separate grasses employed, and then widen them back out afterwards.

Peter

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back