News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Coral_Ridge

Has anyone ever played Allerton Park in Liverpool?  I have not, but think it would be interesting to play a golf course in what is now an area of historical significance.   Liverpool being the birthplace of the Beatles is definitely a place to visit if a fan of the Fab 4.  

Allerton Park Golf Club

This brings to mind the subject of playing a golf course in any locale which may have historical, or geographical significant.  As examples,  St Andrews is of course the birthplace of golf.  Riviera CC, as well as being a top notch course, is home course to many celebrities.  Pebble Beach is the site of many major golf tournaments.  Chevy Chase in the Washington DC area is where many well known politicians have played.  There is a golf course in Gettysburg which has obvious connections to being in and around common ground of a great battle in the Civil War.  

Does the additional air that may surround a golf course add to its enjoyment?

Dale_McCallon

I think if the air around a course is the key to enjoyment, then surely Hershey CC would be the hand's down winner.

Doug Braunsdorf

I think if the air around a course is the key to enjoyment, then surely Hershey CC would be the hand's down winner.

...only if it's hot air.   ;)
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Wayne_Kozun

What about the air of a Scottish course that is within sniffing distance of a distillery?

Steve_ Shaffer

The odor from the mushroom farms near Inniscrone & Hartefeld is legendary. ;D
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Coral_Ridge

Bad choice of words I guess.  My choice of the word air stinks! :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back